Options

Electricity inside and outside

We can connect our T@B trailer to 30-amp service easily enough, but we’d also like to have some “regular household” electrical outlets outside of the trailer for lights, a fan, etc.  One solution would be to plug an extension cord into one of the outlets inside the trailer and just run it out the window – UGLY!

Ideally, I’d like to have a Y-connector with a male 30-amp plug on one end which would then fork into both a 30-amp female plug and a “regular household” female plug.  It’s hard to tell whether any such thing exists; my eyes glaze over when I search for it on-line.

Surely there must be someone out there who decorates the outside of their T@B trailer with rope lights, animatronic reindeer, etc.  How do YOU make it happen?

(I should point out that 30-amp outlets are scarce at our campground, so using one outlet for the trailer and another with an adaptor for sundries is not really an option; hence, the desire for a Y-connector.)

Comments

• Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    Contact a household electrician in your area and have them run some weather protected outlets on the outside of the trailer. Our 2016 has one just behind the right side tire.
  • Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    We added an outside receptacle to our 2014 T@B in the same spot as mentioned in the above post.Tied it in to the GFCI receptacle that was near to the new outlet inside the trailer so it is also GFCI protected.The only place I have found a 30 amp cord with an 120 V outlet built in to it is at Princess Auto.I did not buy it because it had no UL, CSA or any major testing certification on it.And it was around 100 bucks so it was cheaper to just add the outside plug.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    I agree that adding an outlet to the outside of your T@B would be the easiest and most elegant solution.

To answer your specific question, I'm not aware of such an adapter being commercially available, but--if that's what you really wanted to do for some reason--one could be constructed from readily available parts.
    2015 T@B S