Options

We did it

judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
Picked up our baby today. Husband was a bit anxious as we are newby's to towing and camping. Our dealer(s) are awesome, a husband and wife team. The T@B was winterized, the battery fully charged. Everything was checked before we arrived and when the outside tour was complete, we were instructed to go inside. The dealer sat with us and went over EVERYTHING from TV, sound system, cook top, frig, bath, etc. I dreaded the Aldi system due to other forums. He gave us extra fuses and thoroughly reviewed the system. 2 hr reviews Can we work it, I hope. We are in storage but have plans. Now, where do I put my pots/pans?
Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

Comments

• Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118

Congratulation, judymac. I have don't have the bath but have a "Q" model with stove top and cabinet where you bathroom door is so I can't help you with your question. I store mine under the stove top in a large cabinet. I have a plastic rectangular kinda like file holder with half of one end cut out. That way I can remove the desired pot/pan and not have to remove the plastic bin. This sets on a what is actually an old front car floor mat. Rubber back and carpet on top and it keeps everything in place on the road. I have no doubt several folks with your model will let you know what they do. Congrats again!!!
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

You probably have 1 extract cupboard than me since your water is underneath instead of in the bottom cupboard.

With the S floorplan, storage is tight. I don't do a ton of cooking, but I have camping pots/pans that nest inside of each other. I have been toying with getting the water tank installed outside because I could really use one more cupboard, but someone raise a good point that with it inside, you can use the fresh water in colder temps than when it is outside.

I have spent 25 nights in the T@b and highly recommend giving your T@b a few outings and eliminate things you don't use. I keep removing things, even now.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I have my cooking stuff under the sink. Am loaded up with four 8" frying pans (gonna dump two), one large frying pan, a medium pot, a medium sauce and a small sauce plus cooking utensils and still have a little room. Was totally shocked how they all stacked in there nine and neat.

As Jenn mentioned, ya gotta get out and live in it before you can really figure out what you actually need and where you want to put it. I wasn't a camper before now either. With every outing I get a little smarter and more organized and efficient.
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Thank you. Yes, cabinet space is tight. I have to remind myself..it is camping and we will do most cooking on. The grill. We chose the bath over storage so I am sure will be fine. Process of elimination for sure. Jen, that water tank does take up premium space but with cabinet doors open and with heat it should allow usage in much cooler temps.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Judymac -- CONGRATULATIONS! The Alde is great, and I love mine.  No need to fear it.  I would NOT go back to a conventional water heater-type camper trailer. Ask questions here, use it, enjoy it!!!  :D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)