Options

Outback Modifications

After our recent trip through WV we have made a few improvements to our 2017 Outback.
1st: Extended the sewer connections using 1 - 90 degree Camco unit  on the black water and a 10" black pipe extension on the black and grey water pipes.
2nd: Replaced the Lagun tabletop with an 18 x 12 bamboo cutting board. Seems small but gives us much more space.
3rd: Added a Velcro strap to keep the propane / battery box cover open when working on it.
4th: Added 2 Dewalt boxes - DWST17806 - to the front shelf. One on either side. The sewer hose &  gloves  goes in one box and the chocks and levelers fit in the other.
5th: Using 3M Commander hooks we installed a paper towel holder over the door as suggested by another post. Added TP holder in bathroom and placed other hooks around as needed.
6th: Bought 4 soft sided baskets with handles  appx. 15w x 28 l x 11h not including the handles. 2 baskets for our clothes will go under the left rear chair (as you face the rear of the cabin ) and the other two will go in the deep well behind the rear chair back allowing us to grab the handles and lift stuff out of the well.

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    All great mods-making things organized, accessible and in reach!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    MortyandDottieMortyandDottie Member Posts: 37
    Those look great.  How did you mount them?
    Charles, Dee and the Dogs, Poulsbo WA

2017 Silver on Silver T@B S Outback

2017 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Great mods!!! Great Dewalt bins ... perfect.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    OldNHGuyOldNHGuy Member Posts: 8

Those look great.  How did you mount them?

I set the boxes exactly where I wanted them - 3 " in on the sides and an overhang of 1 1/2" in the front to allow the covers to stay open. I marked under the boxes at each of the holes on the shelf. Drilled one 3/4" hole to allow for washing and 2 3/8th holes  where I had marked the circles. Since  I had several metal plates (2x3) laying around I placed one inside and one underneath the shelf and screwed the together. Might be overkill but I didn't want to lose the boxes. The 3/4" hole has a removable plug for washing out the box.
  • Options
    I mounted the sewer extensions using a 1x6 piece of PT wood. Cut it to size and half formed it around the pipe at the top / sides. used a piece of metal strapping under the pipes attached to the wood. Drilled two holes in the aluminum shelf and secured the wood with wood screws and washers. Not the nicest install but hopefully keeps the pipes from vibrating
  • Options
    The black water has a 90 degree connection and a 10" pipe. I used wood and strapping like I did for the grey water but I used a 7" piece of angle iron cut and drilled into the shelf and overhanging the rear of the shelf to attach the black pipe similar to the grey water