Options

Fridge fan fuse

i have a 2016 Norcold 3way. The cooling fan installed to the right (outside wall) stopped working. Does anyone know where the fuse is?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,468
    edited May 2017
    Is that the fan controlled by the separate switch installed just above the fridge? If so--and it's wired the way I think it's wired--it gets its power from the same 12V circuit that powers the fridge controls. That would be on the 12V fridge fuse in your converter panel.

If it's not the fuse, check the splices and the connections at the switch. You will have to remove the stove top to do this.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Check out "Fuses for Newbies for the location of the fuses on the Norcold.  Not sure which of the three protects the fan on the Norcold itself.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,468
    If I'm correct in how the fan is wired (and I'm basing my guess solely on the instructions that came with my retrofit kit), the power to the exterior vent fan splits off before the glass fuses on top of the unit. If one of those blew, the fridge would stop working, but the fan would still operate.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    I think you're correct Scott about the exterior (aux) fan on the side grill.  I'm guessing one of the three glass fuses protects the stock fan under the coils on the frig itself.
  • Options
    EllenZEllenZ Member Posts: 9
    So if I understand this if the problem was a fuse (and yes I'm talking about the side fan controlled by a switch) then the fridge wouldn't be working either. But since the fridge is working it's likely that the fan is burned out and needs to be replaced.  Right?
  • Options

Could also be a bad switch.  VERY easy to test and/or replace that side fan if bad (search Noisy Norcold for pics).  It's a standard cooling fan used in computers (12v I believe).