Options

Ohio - Nucamp

foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
edited July 2019 in Testimonials
I am a new owner of a 2017 T@B S and am particularly interested in the modifications that T@B owners have made and have read about them extensively!  I have started to notice that I often see a reference to a mod posted in the past and I find myself saying "but I already have that".  What that tells me is that Nucamp listens to the people who actually own/use their product and incorporates more of these great mods each year.  When does that ever happen?  A company that actually understands and appreciates what a user wants and works to improve the experience with each new model! 
Just an observation.
2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @foxden, As time goes by, you'll see actually how extensively nuCamp listens to it's product owners, evaluates, and incorporates the modifications you see here. I know, speaking for myself watching how much has already been incorporated to make our trailers more "user friendly", and how impressive this company has been at listening to our wants and needs. It's not very often you have dealings with a company that actually cares, and takes great amounts of pride in the products they build and produce. I like very much being a part of this "family" and how we from top to bottom take care of and look out for each other. Welcome to the family! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I agree 100%. However, I have to say I'm glad I got a 2015 and was able to enjoy making those mods myself exactly the way I wanted them!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, I agree with you, and have enjoyed doing some of the "mods" myself as well.....except that ONE day! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We all probably feel we got our trailers at the ideal time. I am glad mine came with the SeeLevel monitor and digital Alde panel as those would have been a pain to DIY. But there's always something...I'm looking somewhat enviously at the new fridge, even though mine works great. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Yes, @ericnliz but that "one day" was A) very entertaining  B) encouraged me to move my spare tire to the front and add the sewer hose carrier to my T@B (and I understand that the sewer hose carrier is now standard on the 2018...see what I mean, I am already behind!).
  • Options
    I guess the B with ) is the guy with sunglasses emoji.  But it seems appropriate to the topic.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @ScottG, The lunch box idea made me smile..a LOT! Still goin' through all my old boxes tryin' to find an "appropriate" one to incorporate for my controller!
    @foxden, Just when 'ya think you're up with all the cool new "mods", your dear wife looks into @Dalehelman's, or  @AldebaranJill's, or many others, and says "Look dear, How about something like THAT?" :o:s!!!!!!!!!  OH, boy. :|
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited May 2017
    foxden said:
    I am a new owner of a 2017 T@B S and am particularly interested in the modifications that T@B owners have made and have read about them extensively!  I have started to notice that I often see a reference to a mod posted in the past and I find myself saying "but I already have that".  What that tells me is that Nucamp listens to the people who actually own/use their product and incorporates more of these great mods each year.  When does that ever happen?  A company that actually understands and appreciates what a user wants and works to improve the experience with each new model! 
    Just an observation.
    You are spot on!  As some additional information I have had many conversations with nuCamp CEO Scott Hubble about trailer innovations/ideas and do pass these suggestions and problems that come up as well on to both him and owner Joe Mullet.  These are the things that these men like to hear, actual feedback and via field use by the end user, you the trailer owner!   Along with the suggestions given they do try their best as a company to incorporate the latest and greatest technologies into their builds and a lot of this is a result of their R& D team down in Sugarcreek who are always looking for innovative/space saving means that make the trailers comfortable, user friendly and practical.  

Scott told me a few years back that he appreciates the ideas and that he does take them back into the company meetings for discussion, evaluation and implementation.   Many companies do similar things, but oft times the new ideas are built into the following years product offering.  nuCamp takes a different approach as Scott noted and whenever possible, they will add new enhancements in mid stream, without waiting for the following years model and will add improvements in real time as long as it can be done and in a manner that doesn't radically impact the production line.  Scott has mentioned many times how he appreciates and values the cumulative expertise and knowledge that is brought to the table by forum members and the end users of their products.  Joe Mullet has echoed these same sentiments too and he understands the added value therein and wants nothing more than to improve upon their product line offering, do it efficiently and build the best product they can build for their customers.  You definitely can see it when you watch the line in motion, walk through the factory and see the many changes that have occurred over the past 5-6 years.  I am familiar with their old facility and it has been an amazing transition watching things unfold, become suddenly larger and much more efficient from the dust filled, former building that can still be seen across the farm fields, just west of the new facility.  These are exciting times and there is a lot of opportunity available within the company and better days ahead as they work through the current transition, workload, manpower acquisition, etc.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Thanks for the info @Michigan_Mike, and for your follow-ups concerning the folks that use the companies products. Please know how much we appreciate not only the company's efforts, but yours as well! 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    it's great to buy a quality product from a company that does listen to the owners, too many companies produce products but don't listen to the user, great job to NuCamp, also it's great that we can get some of the mods added to an older version..ie storage behind the television in the 2017 T@G Max xl, looking forward to booking a date..
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada