Options

Bumping my head on cabinets

DonnabDonnab Member Posts: 60
question:
i keep bumping my head while in bed on cabinets. I bought the pool noodles and split open and tried to slip on small rail ledge on the cabinets but it will not stay on....any suggestions much appreciated thanks in advance
Donna 2017  Maryland resident Colorado land owner outback white/black Toyota Tacoma  ; )

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,442
    I found after a few nights of conditioning by negative reinforcement, I adjusted my technique to avoid the head bump.

Many have tried other solutions ranging from your pool noodle approach to wholesale removal of the cabinets. Scroll through older posts and you'll find lots of ideas.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    @Donnab Could you use the small Velcro dots on the underside of the cabinet to secure the noodle when needed?
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Donnab, I agree with @ScottG. After the inaugural "goose egg", short of buying a helmet, or bubble wrap, I've learned the roll & duck method. Pool noodle only lessens the thump a little. Both my wife & I have simply "adjusted" to the middle of the night "thonk". Even tried sleeping the opposite direction with feet towards the rear. I realize it's a real rude awakening, but we've seemed to have adjusted fine. Have you tried altering the way you sleep? Say, maybe wheel to wheel? We also thought of that & tried, but I'm too tall to be comfortable that way, so it was back to the half-awake maneuver.  :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    DonnabDonnab Member Posts: 60
    Thanks!
    Donna 2017  Maryland resident Colorado land owner outback white/black Toyota Tacoma  ; )
  • Options
    scaupscaup Member Posts: 81
    Just curious. We have never slept with our heads under the cabinets just for the reason mentioned. What is the advantage of sleeping with your head under the cabinets?
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @scaup, 'Ya learn moves 'ya never thought 'ya actually still had in 'ya! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    TorzanneTorzanne Member Posts: 31
    Yeah, we only lasted one night of bumping our heads before rotating and sleeping with our feet under the cabinets. Turns out we like it better that way. On cold nights our feet are nice and toasty but getting out of bed to use the bathroom is a bit more challenging.  
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    My reason to sleep with my head under the cabinet is that my feet hang off the end of the bed.  My only other option is to sleep the other way and have my head hang off the end of the bed.  Tried that once and wound up with a wicked stiff neck. =)  If you are short enough this is probably not an issue .
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut