Options

How do you know when you have WAY too much stuff to take?

ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
My answer is : When my wife puts a "reserved" sign on the passenger seat, with small print underneath that says "don't even think about it mister!"  :o:s;)
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    When we tent camped we'd fill the minivan floor to ceiling, except for 3 seats. Plus 2 kayaks and 3 bikes on a rack and roll trailer and a kayak on the roof. Now with the T@B and only two of us we make sure we can see out the back window of the SUV. If we ever get to the point that we can't see out we'll know we have too much. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    When you make several trips and don't use it,  you probably don't need it!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Verna said:
    When everyone comes to me when they need something they didn't bring.......
    lol!  Good one :)
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Verna said:
    When everyone comes to me when they need something they didn't bring.......
    I resemble that remark! Every 5 min, little sis would yell, "do you have [whatever]? I can't find mine" I played fetch more times than I'd like to admit. At least she fed me.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    atlasb said:
    When you make several trips and don't use it,  you probably don't need it!
    Yeah, I agree with this one. On the other side of the coin is last time we went camping at Mohican, I opened up the back of the van and I realized that I forgot several important things, like pillows and the frame for our canopy. OOOPS!
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I just look over at Linda's side and shake my head.  Even when I tell her she is taking too much along on a trip I then tell her that it is fine, go ahead and take it along for the ride, and when you get back take a photo of everything you have taken on the trip and you can re-evaluate things and figure out what you will not need the next time out.   I do the same thing, and I have scaled things down knowing full well that I will not need three pair of jeans, nor will I need as many T-shirts or dress shirts, etc.  

I do the same thing with camping gear and depending on where I am headed and the duration of the trip my needs vary and I do tend to leave some things back home, knowing full well they will not be used.  

When sll all else fails there is always a nearby Walmart and life is good again for that missing piece of gear or shampoo, toothpaste you left back at the house!   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    It helps that I've backpacked and kayak camped, where every single thing you take needs to have a purpose and needs to be the smallest/lightest thing that will do the job.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    We agree with you, Mike. We operate on the 20/20 rule. If it would cost less than $20 and less than 20 minutes to replace, we leave it behind unless we know we will use it. Less is more.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    @Michigan_Mike, I tend to agree with your assessment. I know for us, it all depends on the where, the how long, and the amenities, or lack thereof. I basically have two stacks in my garage: 1) boondocking, and 2) hook-ups (full, or partial). I then choose from the stacks for the where: fishing, or no, lots of sun, or lots of shade. This has helped me alleviate taking along a lot of un-used items. Even with that being said, I still find myself "filtering" either in, or out of the stacks for our needs, rather than our wants. :)  
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 11
    I'm not sure what you mean by "too much stuff"  :s
    Bill
    BBsGarage
    2017 T@G Max XL

You can travel along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.
  • Options
    @BBsGarage, Ok, Are 'ya single , or have a better half? I'm thinkin' the "too much stuff" description probably stems from that one, and works BOTH ways!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.