Options

Rubber molding at roof of T@B

Has anyone had the exterior rubber molding that seals the roof to the side wall of the T@B come loose and peel back while driving? Ours came loose at the joint located at the top of the curve of the RV. I'm not sure why they located the joint at that point as that seems to be where the wind pressure is the greatest while traveling. Anyway it peeled back about half way between that point and the back of the RV before I noticed it. I pressed the molding back into the metal retaining protrusion on the metal trim and temporarily duct taped the joint at the top to hopefully prevent it from happening again before we got home.

So my question is what type of sealant would you use to both seal the top joint and put into the molding "pocket" as it is pressed back onto the metal protrusion?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Walmart on an end aisle in the shoe department "Shoe Goo". Put a dab every 6" to 8", press molding back in place, and you'll be good to go for a few years. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Yes, mine came loose while driving. Did the "V" magic trick. No problems after that.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I removed all of the vinyl style plastic from my trailer Keeder rails as I think it looks a lot better without it and it really isn't needed anyway.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I had mine come loose on a cross-country trip.  I managed to shove it back in enough to make it home and turned it into the dealership for repair.  So for no issues since.  I think mine was loose following having the skin replaced due to hail damage, which is why I had the dealership fix it.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    hdb90hdb90 Member Posts: 11
    I just replaced all of the rubber molding due to some missing when purchased (2007 model). I made contact with NuCamp (330-852-4811) and bought rubber and adhesive. I believe she told me the same adhesive could be bought at an auto parts store. 
    States Visited Map