Options

More storage!!!

We picked up our brand spanking new 2018 320-CS last week and were surprised to find that the bench inside the door has been replaced with more cabinetry. Hubby was disappointed that now there's no where to sit inside if the bed is made up, but I think that we'll make better use of the additional storage in the long run. 

Life takes us unexpected places. Love brings us home.

2018 T@B 320 CS (white w. black) | 2015 Santa Fe XL (white w. black) | near Toronto, ON

Comments

• Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    I had the same reaction initially. I had them send me pictures because I didn't want to buy something sight unseen. I think I will also like the additional storage, but the one thing I think that is missing over the cabinets is an outlet. I saw pictures of finished CS-Ss online and wrote to NuCamp and asked them to include an outlet above these cabinets for mine. I haven't received my T@b yet, but they said they did. I think they should do it for all of these models.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    Wow, that's great. I had mine built last summer with that same cabinet and the dealer charged me $900 extra. The bench seemed like a waste because the way it was curved, you felt bent over. I love the storage from the cabinets. Fits all my clothes and I use the top drawer for all the misc. "pieces" of things that go with camping. I had them install and outlet over the counter just to the right and love it. In hindsight, I wish I had asked for a 12 volt as well, but may get someone clever to do that mod for me. Congrats!

p.s. one additional benefit I have found to the cabinet is for a place to cook on rainy days. That's the only disadvantage I have found to the CS. I pack the pass-through cabinets with that in mind so I can access what I need for the inside. This is great for overnight boondocking in parking lots as well. Enjoy!
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    misselaineousmisselaineous Member Posts: 10
    geekmama said:
    I had the same reaction initially. I had them send me pictures because I didn't want to buy something sight unseen. I think I will also like the additional storage, but the one thing I think that is missing over the cabinets is an outlet. I saw pictures of finished CS-Ss online and wrote to NuCamp and asked them to include an outlet above these cabinets for mine. I haven't received my T@b yet, but they said they did. I think they should do it for all of these models.
    I wish I had know that they were going to do this because I would have asked for an outlet there too!
    Life takes us unexpected places. Love brings us home.

2018 T@B 320 CS (white w. black) | 2015 Santa Fe XL (white w. black) | near Toronto, ON
  • Options
    I thought it would be a somewhat universal and relatively easy thing to add. Is there a way to communicate this information to NuCamp? I don't think anyone would be upset by having an outlet over the counter and most people would be happy with it.

It was actually in the prototype pictures they sent me. I don't know why they decided against putting it in as a regular item in the finished product.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It's on my list of communications with nüCamp for this evening, @geekmama
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks @Verna
  • Options
    This installation of the 120V and 12V outlets is now with the R&D Department.,
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    @Verna, @ScottGdo you recall any posts of owners installing 120V themselves to have an outlet in the front of a CS under the Jensen like what the S models have?
    I think you would have to pull Romex from the coverter over/ under the shower into the wall next to the Jensen. Does anyone know how to route? Is there an easier way?

Seems like 12v outlet could be pigtailed from the Jensen or from the led light wiring.
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    12V could come from the Jenson cabinet, but pull the fuse first to see what all runs on the circuit. The Jenson is an energy hog. The lights might all be on one circuit. See how much is running on the SeeLevel gauges. 

Someone posted a photo recently showing the floor under the shower area. Find that photo and study how you could run a 110V wire to the converter. 

And don't forget, the factory gives free advice. Give the R&D department a few days to figure out how to run their wiring and then the warranty department might be able to give you some advice. 

You can can also send an email to warranty@nucamprv.com. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    We had out 12 V and 120 outlet installed on the wall that is shared by the shower with our CSS build.  They also dropped lines down for the Victron monitor that I can access in a panel near the floor contained inside the cabinets we had installed.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    @SAM that is fantastic. I would love all that in my CSS!
    Since the factory did it for you, maybe they can describe how to do it post build........I KNOW it is much easier to do when it is being built.
    What Victron monitor did you get? 
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    BMV 700
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio