Options

Igloo Ice Maker on Sale!

Shopko, or shopko.com, has the Igloo ice maker for a great price of $88.88! It runs today through Monday. I love ours, and it's simple to use. You do need shore power. It's one of those things I never thought I'd need that now I will always take with me!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    That's great! Unfortunately, I rarely have shore power, but if I did...

Thing is, I can't understand how you could ever imagine "not needing" something like that!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @ScottG, having been raised as a tent and tent trailer camper way back when, the idea of having any electric appliance is still sort of foreign to me, but I'm adapting quickly! I bought it for DH who loves his ice cold beverages. Good thing there's enough to share! Actually I shared ice at the Lincoln Rock gathering last month. I had plenty to go around.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I hear ya' Homebody--three seasons in and I don't think I have ever plugged anything into the T@Bs electrical outlets (other than in my driveway)!

We're also former tent campers, and since we rarely have shore power anyway, we just don't carry any corded appliances. However, if I was going to carry something, I think you've shown me what it would be!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG I wouldn't be doing my duty as a good T@bber if I didn't help you spend your money like others have helped me spend mine!  =)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2017
    I bought one, but the only problem I have is that you need to empty the ice as soon as it is made otherwise it melts.  Wish it would stay cool for awhile.  Also, it is very heavy and adds a lot of weight for me.  :s
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @marilyncp, Do you not take a small cooler with you? If so, get a gallon baggie, put the ice in, and put it in the cooler, and you're all set for round #2 in the ice maker! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    @ericnliz Yes, I do, but I wish I could walk away for an hour, even a 1/2 hr and not have to empty my ice maker.  I know, I know, I wish for a lot.  LOL!!!
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!

• Options
    @marilyncp I forgot to tend to it one evening, left it on all night. What happened was that the ice in there melted, and became ice cubes again by morning! Maybe that would help? When I'm using it I leave it on all day and forget about it till I want more ice.