Options

Picking up the new T@b 400 on Thursday

arelemarelem Member Posts: 5
I am so excited to be picking up my new T@b 400 on Thursday from Sun City RV in Colorado Springs (I live in Denver and they were the closest that would order the camper for me).  I'll be trading in my 2010 Keystone Bullet for the 400.

Shakeout trip this weekend to Chicago Creek Campground outside of Idaho Springs and then the big weekend for 4th of July!

So looking forward to camping in the new 400!

Comments

• Options
    RuntarootiRuntarooti Member Posts: 76
    @arelem  Post pictures! Can't wait to see!
    2015 T@B Max CS-S Silver and Black
    Goes where it's towed to by 2017 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    Good luck... And have fun!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Justin_in_SeattleJustin_in_Seattle Member Posts: 47
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pictures.
    2018 nuCamp T@B 400  +  2016 BMW X1 tow vehicle
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Good choice!  You will find NuCamp to be an excellent company to work with.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Hey @arelem, how's your new 400?  ;)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    arelemarelem Member Posts: 5
    It is great! Pictures to come but I am loving the new 400. I now need to find the right awning or tent to go with it.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @arelem What I am observing and experiencing is that many of us have different set ups for different situations. An XL visor is a quick and easy shelter. If you want a bigger protected space then a pop up awning of some type is for you. If you prefer a more closed in one check out the Pahaque store for their T@B gear. Not sure if the 400 sized stuff is in yet, but it will be I'd bet. I prefer open space, so the Pahaque side tent or awning are not my first choice. The gold standard so to speak is the Walker tent. It has many options in one package: open awning, screen sides, and roll down sides for full privacy. It is $600 cheaper to order it through Elsie at NuCamp.  A good friend has a huge 15' x 15' awning (Coleman?) that he raises two legs with PVC extensions to go over the top of the front of his T@B, then extends out. It is a great space, great protection from pouring rain or hot sun. Another friend has the T@B side tent, but also has a 14' x 9' screen room that fits over picnic tables and they put their kitchen set up in there, too. Some use the smaller visor on the drivers side for shade on that side of the trailer with the XL visor on the passenger(door) side to sit under. Some just have screen rooms, others prefer nothing at all, some use patio umbrellas. You will figure it out as you go. This forum has great ideas! Have fun with it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Jfrost6Jfrost6 Member Posts: 11
    @arelem I'm in Denver too and it look like Windish RV on 6th and Simms is now a T@b dealer.  I have yet to see a 400 in person but it looks like they will be carrying them soon.  Have fun!!
  • Options
    BillReddingBillRedding Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2017
    ...you all might look up the Yelp Reviews on Windish/Lakewood...and then may want to think twice about them?

I don't know about you, but 15 reviewers giving Windish 2.5 stars (out of 5) doesn't give ME any confidence buying ANY brand of RV there!

To me, my "buying equation" (what and where I get something) is "50% + 50% = 100%" (if you will). Meaning, 50% the product/price + 50% the source's ratings re: Customer Service/Care AFTER the sale = the 100% "package" deal.

A failing grade in either of those 2 areas and I look elsewhere...

Caveat emptor,

-- BR
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Congrats Arelem on the new 400 let us know how things go! 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab