Options

ARB size?

We have been bringing our Coleman cooler on T@B excursions for drinks and for lunches while away from camp for the day. We typically have to add ice every day or two (97F here in PA today) and it's getting kinda old. If we were to get an ARB what would a practical size be? Say twelve 12-20 oz bottles, a couple sandwiches and apples. 
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Oh, and when we restock the T@B fridge we use the cooler to get refrigerated stuff from the store back to camp. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Get the smallest one! I think it's 37 or 47L? It still weighs about 50 lb empty lol.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    I have the 37L.  It holds quite a bit for how you will be using it for.  I take it grocery shopping with me to keep meats and dairy cold.  We also use it for day trips to Bryce or Valley of Fire.  Great to have.  I keep it in the back of the SUV all summer.  Since it does not have to have alot of the inside room taken up by ice, you can put alot into it.  I have no regrets for buying it.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Allie said:
    I have the 37L.  It holds quite a bit for how you will be using it for.  I take it grocery shopping with me to keep meats and dairy cold.  We also use it for day trips to Bryce or Valley of Fire.  Great to have.  I keep it in the back of the SUV all summer.  Since it does not have to have alot of the inside room taken up by ice, you can put alot into it.  I have no regrets for buying it.
    I love mine and do exactly what @Allie does. Go for it!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    37 quarts here also.  The thing is in the jeep almost all summer.  Quick to cool down, really low amp draw, up to 3 days w/o starting the jeep and still crank right up after 3 days.  So I use it for groceries and mutli days trip with my GF.  Was lucky to find it used but very clean with protective/insulating cover included for about 350 us.

One of the best buy I ever did.  It can aslo be use as a fridge/frezzer or even wine fridge the rest of the year in the house or when not in the car.
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Ditton on the 37qt ARB. SO far, so good.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Just got my ARB 47L (50 quarts) today. Surprised at how small the interior is. The motor, etc. eats into the interior space quite a bit. 50 quarts of pure liquid maybe, but not 50 quarts of milk. Glad I bought this size and not something smaller.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    For two people I'd recommend the largest ARB you can buy.  I guess I have the 50 quart unit and we absolutely love it.  Great long term investment, very dependable and it eliminates the ice issue, keeps produce fresh and I've never regretted this purchase.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Planning to buy one soon. The weight of the larger one puts me off, I can't lift 65 pounds. We'd be using the ARB to supplement the T@B fridge for drinks and luncheon while traveling, and I'm hoping the smaller will work for that.
  • Options
    Following up. I just ordered a 50 qt. ARB from REI. If any of you are REI members, you should have a 20% off coupon in your hot little hands - I used mine, along with my member dividend from last year and the gift cards I got for getting an REI branded credit card to reduce the cost from $924 to $676. And they'll ship it to my local REI store for free. SCORE!
  • Options
    Now I'm thinking it would be great if I could pull the 3 way fridge out of the T@B (propane setting stopped working so when we pick it up in a couple weeks I get to work on that) and install this in its place. No way it will fit though.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I know what you mean about wishing you could replace the 3 way with the ARB. My 3 way is working but it is a real hassle if it doesn't. 

I used my coupon on a Tilley hat for hiking and photography. It's been on my list for years.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    I also just ordered the 50qt using my 20% discount and dividend.  REI’s price starts out higher than other competitors, but after the discounts, the price drops below others I have seen.  Add to that their 1 year return policy, and it seems a safe bet.

@jkjenn I LOVE my Tilley hat.  I’ve had mine for 10 years.  They’re GREAT hats!
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    If you used your REÍ credit card, then you get an extra 5% towards next years dividend too!

BTW: I bought my IndelB 41, and am on my first trip with it. I have 9 days (2 ppl)worth of food in it & the 3 way. Milk will be bought in 1/2 gal increments, so far so good! I have a small cooler for ice & ginger ale. The jim beam doesn’t need refrigeration! Lol
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    CanyonTravelersCanyonTravelers Member Posts: 40
    Photomom, went to REI’s WEB site they only show one ARB it is the $1289 one. We’re did you see the one you purchased?
  • Options
    Photomom, went to REI’s WEB site they only show one ARB it is the $1289 one. We’re did you see the one you purchased?
    It was backordered when I ordered it, and apparently when JohnDanielsCPA ordered it. I assume I will get it eventually or they will let me know otherwise.
  • Options
    JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    Mine is on backorder, but is supposed to ship April 10th.  The REI website shows the 50 quart and a 63 quart extreme available for purchase.  They do not carry any other models.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
  • Options
    I just checked and the only one listed at this time is the 63 qt. If you’re a member you might give them a call. Here’s the item info.
  • Options
    It looks like the 50 qt. Is back on the web site.