Options

Breaking down the VIN# and relating to the new foil insulation installed

atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
edited June 2017 in Products and Accessories
Does any one know how to decode the NU Camp VIN#?   So that you can determine when it was made.  My Certificate of Origin says may.  I remember seeing on one video showing the line at the plant that NU Camp was installing a new silver foil type vapor barrier to combat condensation.  Any one know when that started, and how can you find out if yours got it?  Thanks,  Fred, Donna and Jaxson.
2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    atlasb said:
    Does any one know how to decode the NU Camp VIN#?   So that you can determine when it was made.  My Certificate of Origin says may.  I remember seeing on one video showing the line at the plant that NU Camp was installing a new silver foil type vapor barrier to combat condensation.  Any one know when that started, and how can you find out if yours got it?  Thanks,  Fred, Donna and Jaxson.
    I don't know the answer to decoding the VIN number and really can't say that it would help.  I did however tour the T@B line recently with factory owner Joe Mullet and he mentioned that the new aluminum foil style insulation would eliminate the condensation issue inside the trailers and had recently been incorporated into the build of their units.  

I sent an inquiry to the factory today and will post up any information I receive back on your question.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Thanks Mike.  Sorry to have so many questions,  Just like to know how things work and all I can find about in our T@B!  Really Thank you and all for all you do for the forum!!!  A great resource.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I had a breakdown of the VIN from Ed, but I sure can't find it.  It might be on the other forum. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Would be nice if you can find and post.  Sometimes it can give you some good info.  Our Certificate of Origin says May, but sometimes the VIN # can give you some clue as to actual date.  Like a production date on an auto..   We got our insurance started and Progressive does not list the 400 yet.  Our policy shows it as a T@B CS.  We called and were told that as long as they have the Vin, everything is good to go.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Verna, Your post with the VIN# was here because I remember seeing it, but I can't find it either. Seems to me it was around the fridge recall time when you were discussing where the VIN# was located, with a breakdown of the VIN# itself.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    My 2015 has the date of manufacture on a sticker on the driver's side of the tongue.
    2015 T@B S