Options

Keeping Hitched Up...

marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
Hello, Peeps.... I'm going to be doing some heavy driving for a couple of days to get to my location.  My question is, can I leave my TV hitched up?  I know to remove the 7-pin connector not to drain my TV, but I just want to keep it up while I go back to my T@B to maybe heat up some dinner and sleep.
All thoughts are appreciated! ;) 
M@rilyn
Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
But still passionate about the brand!

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I do this a lot (keep the trailer hitched to the tow vehicle) when I'm traveling and plan to depart quickly/early in the AM the following day.  And depending on the terrain I have even dropped down the trailer jack to level the trailer from front to back and deployed the rear stabilizer jacks to firm things up.  It definitely simplifies and speeds things up the next day  and once things are buttoned up and secured both inside and out you can resume travel quickly.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    The new owner of our 320 asked the same question.  I at first said no problem, but after some thought, I reconsidered!  The reason was, that while still hitched, any pressure on the back can possibly exert upward pressure on the lever that engages the bottom of the ball.  While not necessarily a problem, I can see the possibility of applying too much upward pressure and separating from the ball mount!  Not sure this makes sense to some and maybe not a problem, if it would come loose the tongue would fly up and with the safety chains still attached, could damage the rear of the tow vehicle at the least.  Probably I would recommend to lower the rear stabs for added safety.  Just be sure when you do your walk around before leaving to raise them.  Just my take on the situation.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have been known to use Legos (leveling blocks) to level side-to-side while still being hitched, but only for one or two high with the Legos, as needed.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    marilyncpmarilyncp Member Posts: 117
    Thanks, peeps...
    M@rilyn
    Previous 2017 T@B S owner... c'est l@ vie
    But still passionate about the brand!

• Options
    Rolltide82Rolltide82 Member Posts: 89
    I never disconnect when I camp.....never have a problem unhitching either.   I use grease on the ball...all the places I camp are level and paved however