Options

uCamp17 Swap Meet

2»

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited July 2017
    Just a heads up, the swap meet definitely will take place at the rally this year so please DO bring your camping/trailer/craft items, put a price tag on them and feel free to get rid of items you no longer want or need as others may want them.  This isn't a bidding style event, rather a "For Sale/Free Trade" style event where people can walk around and see if there are items they need/want and you are free to make offers to others as a purchaser, and as a seller you are free to negotiate/trade/etc. or hold firm on whatever price you feel the item is worth, etc.  Similar to a flea market, minus the fleas!   =)

I am thinking that Wednesday right after lunch may work as we do have a 2 PM horse shoe demo taking place that day.  We can do it after lunch on Wednesday or if that presents issues for attendees I'm also open to holding it around 2-3 PM on Monday, prior to the ice cream social.  

Please feel free to offer up your suggestions and comments as this is your event too.   

Thanks
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    "Similar to a flea market without the fleas".  =)

Sorry i will miss this one @Michigan_Mike, @Verna, @DougandMia.  Work calls. 

Tabazona 2018 for sure! I hope to see you all there!?!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Bill_in_TulsaBill_in_Tulsa Member Posts: 65
    @RollingLagrima, See you at T@Bazona 2018......
    Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    2016 Silver Shadow 5x10 ~ TV 2016 Ford Transit 350 Wagon XLT van.
    "Find the Magic in a Teardrop Trailer"
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    "Similar to a flea market without the fleas".  =)

Sorry i will miss this one @Michigan_Mike, @Verna, @DougandMia.  Work calls. 

Tabazona 2018 for sure! I hope to see you all there!?!
    At least your pooches won't have to pick up any of the fleas down there.   Will miss you guys and may see you in Arizona!  Have a great summer!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    alchemist said:
    Verna said:
    @SAM, I have not put enough miles on the bike to justify keeping it. If someone else needs a folding bike, wants to pay me some $$, and will put it to good use, it is theirs. No, I will not ship it. @Ratkity, I have enough invested in it, pretty much a new bike, that Goodwill doesn't get it!  This will be the first time since I was about 5 yrs old that I will be without a bike. 
    Verna...I might be interested in that bike. I have no idea what brand it is but I am in the market for a foldable. I used to have a Brompton when I lived in NYC and rode that thing to work every day except when it rained or snowed. 
    @alchemist, your turn. I'm in site 15A. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    By the way, for future gatherings, whether at üCamp or Tabazona or where ever, I think the swap meet was a success. I sold my folding bike, hitching poles, leveling blocks, and a battery switch in less than 30 minutes. So be sure to include the unused and unwanted items in with your camping gear because "One person's junk is another's treasure"!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Bill_in_TulsaBill_in_Tulsa Member Posts: 65
    I hope to not miss it a T@bazona18 like I did at uCamp17, some how I did not get the work when it was happening....
    Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    2016 Silver Shadow 5x10 ~ TV 2016 Ford Transit 350 Wagon XLT van.
    "Find the Magic in a Teardrop Trailer"
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
  • Options
    PhotoJoePhotoJoe Member Posts: 34
    We really weren't sure when it was happening and missed it.  Hopefully it will have a definite time and place next time.
This discussion has been closed.