Options

uCamp17 Swap Meet

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
We have discussed the potential of holding a swap meet at the nuCamp17 rally.   This would be an opportunity for people attending to bring along any camping gear, collectibles, solar panels, trailer related items, etc. and to place them for sale at this event at a designated time.  This would be similar to people who downhill ski and take their used gear to a ski resort and offer it up for sale to people looking for a bargain.  If you have any used gear that is sitting around the garage collecting dust that you no longer need or use this would be an opportunity to sell it.  

We would pencil this time frame into the event schedule and quite possibly we may see if the factory has anything they might want to offer up for sale at a reduced price as well.   We are looking for your input on this event so please post up your thoughts, suggestions, etc. here!

Thanks!
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I think it is a pretty good idea, I have a few things that I had gotten but found I don't really need.  Might need to set a couple of days/times though, or maybe during a certain hour each day.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Cyclonic said:
    I think it is a pretty good idea, I have a few things that I had gotten but found I don't really need.  Might need to set a couple of days/times though, or maybe during a certain hour each day.
    I think this one is probably open ended.   If you have things you want to sell you can set them out by your trailers and bring them at the designated times set.   We are just tossing this out as a possibility and wanting to know if people are interested or whether they'd participate.   Kind of like your teardrop garage sale if you will.   =)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    A set of Legos (leveling blocks), a folding 7-speed bike....that's what I have set aside in the garage to take to üCamp17. I'm sure I'll find more ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I wish I could attend the swap meet virtually!! Analog thermostat, One silver side rear trim piece, two propane tank holders that need to be screwed into a solid support, hitches.. lots of hitches - especially the one that has the tiny knob for the friction sway bar - oh, and one friction sway bar!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    I wish I could attend the swap meet virtually!! Analog thermostat, One silver side rear trim piece, two propane tank holders that need to be screwed into a solid support, hitches.. lots of hitches - especially the one that has the tiny knob for the friction sway bar - oh, and one friction sway bar!
    @Ratkity, this sounds interesting and maybe something like this could be done in the future as what you are proposing could get complicated/tricky with shipping, laying it out for camper's view, etc.   We would need as the catch phrase is often tossed around, "a seamless transition."   ;)  B)
  • Options
    Alas, I know Mike. I wanna go, I swear!! If I could just get these doctors and my boss off my back, I'd be there in a heartbeat (Harvey and Harley bears plus da unnamed Harley would wanna come too)!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Bill_in_TulsaBill_in_Tulsa Member Posts: 65
    I would have several Items that I would bring along to üCamp17
    Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    2016 Silver Shadow 5x10 ~ TV 2016 Ford Transit 350 Wagon XLT van.
    "Find the Magic in a Teardrop Trailer"
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
     Verna, what are you going to do for a bike?  Thought you liked the fold up one? 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    Love swap meets! Don't know if I have anything to sell, but I will sure look at what there is to buy!
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV
  • Options
    Wait, wait, wait.... V? You have THINGS not yet donated to GW? *faint* *thump* They'll be calling you and sending text messages asking if you are ok and that they miss you. You might even get flowers if they think you've taken ill :)
  • Options
    PhotoJoePhotoJoe Member Posts: 34
    We have a few things also.  Our main item is a PahaQue Cottonwood XLT 12 x 12 with 2 extra sidewalls.
  • Options
    @SAM, I have not put enough miles on the bike to justify keeping it. If someone else needs a folding bike, wants to pay me some $$, and will put it to good use, it is theirs. No, I will not ship it. @Ratkity, I have enough invested in it, pretty much a new bike, that Goodwill doesn't get it!  This will be the first time since I was about 5 yrs old that I will be without a bike. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Another thought here.....  Post up some pics of a few things you'd consider selling to wet our appetites.   ;)
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    we're newbies...so yes, very good idea...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    We have some old awning support rails for a DM clamshell.  They are extras and maybe not a complete set, but I would be happy to bring them if anyone is interested.
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

• Options
    alchemistalchemist Member Posts: 39
    I have a few things I could sell. I'd love the chance to pass them along to someone who needs them. The problem is...what would I do if no one wanted what I have? I'm planning a long trip and don't want to haul things I don't need. Hmmmm....dilemma. :)
  • Options
    alchemistalchemist Member Posts: 39
    Verna said:
    @SAM, I have not put enough miles on the bike to justify keeping it. If someone else needs a folding bike, wants to pay me some $$, and will put it to good use, it is theirs. No, I will not ship it. @Ratkity, I have enough invested in it, pretty much a new bike, that Goodwill doesn't get it!  This will be the first time since I was about 5 yrs old that I will be without a bike. 
    Verna...I might be interested in that bike. I have no idea what brand it is but I am in the market for a foldable. I used to have a Brompton when I lived in NYC and rode that thing to work every day except when it rained or snowed. 
  • Options
    @alchemist, you'll be second on the list for the bike. It is a Schwinn Loop, woman's model. Thanks for your interest. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    DougandMiaDougandMia Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2017
    I have a Salton induction cooktop that we purchased for our 5 wide. We used it only 2 or 3 times before purchasing our T@B. It's a great little cooktop. If anyone is interested, I will bring it to üCamp.
      Mia   Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.  2015 T@B U, formerly 2012 LG 5-Wide Platform
  • Options
    I have a Salton induction cooktop that we purchased for our 5 wide. We used it only 2 or 3 times before purchasing our T@B. It's a great little cooktop. If anyone is interested, I will bring it to üCamp.
    I'd bring it!   :)
  • Options
    pingncpingnc Member Posts: 25
    We have a T@B 320 PahaQue Tent (silver) which we will bring if anyone is interested.  
    2018 T@B 400 (P@t's Condo), Silver and Black, TV 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 CrewCab, Phil & Pat in Waynesville, NC
  • Options
    @Michigan_Mike any chance I can meet you and talk a bit about Alaska?
    Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @pingnc, might be interested in the tent!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Absolutely!
  • Options
    Absolutely!

Thanks Mike! See you soon.
    Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
  • Options
    mrlynch1953mrlynch1953 Member Posts: 40
    I'm sure I would buy items! As a new Tab owner. Has this been scheduled?
  • Options
    I'm sure I would buy items! As a new Tab owner. Has this been scheduled?
    Yes, this is going to take place.  
  • Options
    gregndebgregndeb Member Posts: 31
    I have some extension mirrors to share, as well as several flavors of spot mirrors.  It might be nice to share what works for some people vs. other solutions.  Just trying several different solution possibilities would be nice. (especially with borrowed equipment!)  Since I have some truck driving and towing experience I have seen what works.  That still didn't prevent me from going through several iterations before I got to my present mirror setup.  
    T@B: 2018 320-CS Max
    TV: 2017 Toyota Highlander
  • Options
    CyclefitnessCyclefitness Member Posts: 1
    i will have the Jensen TV for sale.  were having it removed while we're there.  
  • Options
    i will have the Jensen TV for sale.  were having it removed while we're there.  

What do you want for it....

Lynn and Bill-in-Tulsa
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
This discussion has been closed.