Options

Jensen DVD-Color Blinks in and out while watching a DVD

Hi, I just had my T@B in for repairs and they replaced the Jensen DVD player because the color would blink in and out while watching DVDs.  Well, this was my first trip since it was serviced and its still doing it! Ugh.  So, its obviously not the DVD player.  It seems like it would have to be the cord that connects the DVD to the tv. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Yes, I did. I was afraid it was the cabling, but couldn't prove it. I think it was the connection on the television that had pressure on it (bad solder joint?). The only way to test it is to pull the Jensen out (4 square-head screws) and run an hdmi or 3-way analog cable to your TV. See if there's an issue.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We have the same issue I think. It is not very noticeable and it is only when playing dvds. So far it is not worth my effort to track down the cause. It does seem to be a common problem. I be waiting for some T@B  sleuth to solve this problem.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Regarding the playing of DVDs -  Why won't the TV sound increase when using the remote pointed at the Jensen?  I have experienced this issue with other 12 V TV/DVD combos and always felt it was the media (DVD) I was using at the time.  I've got a new TV down in AZ with the same issue and have never figured out why the sound will not increase when the volume is turned up incrementally?  is there a solution or fix to this as the TV does work fine on the antenna or when hooked to CATV?  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    The other thing about watching the Jensen DVD with TV setup was there was RF interference from (of all things) the AC auxiliary fan! Took forever to figure out where it was coming from. I tried several products and couldn't get the interference out. Seems it was coming from being spliced into the same 12V line as the fan.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Regarding the playing of DVDs -  Why won't the TV sound increase when using the remote pointed at the Jensen?  I have experienced this issue with other 12 V TV/DVD combos and always felt it was the media (DVD) I was using at the time.  I've got a new TV down in AZ with the same issue and have never figured out why the sound will not increase when the volume is turned up incrementally?  is there a solution or fix to this as the TV does work fine on the antenna or when hooked to CATV?  
    Bump!  Any suggestions/recommendations out there?   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Hey Michigan Mike, I think you hijacked my thread, haha.

• Options
    Since the cabling of the TV and Jensen units are in the walls, the best is to get long cords (HDMI and the white/red/yellow analog) and plug directly into the back of the Jenson and the other side of the cables on the TV. If all works well, it's the cabling running in the walls. A staple or something could have nicked something. 
  • Options
    Thanks Ratkity. I like the idea of trying the HDMI cable.  I will try that at some point this summer and post back here if it fixes it.  I just have no idea how you feed the wire from the DVD to the TV, but hopefully it will be obvious when I get into it.  For sure I've discovered that things cause interference easily with the tv while on cable. The light over the counter has the worst effect on the clarity of the picture.  Interference could still be an issue for the DVD so I will also double check that before I replace the cable.  Its extra annoying since I had to pay $200 (Good Sam Warranty) to replace the DVD player and that wasn't event the problem. I guess I could go back to the dealership and have them try the cable, but it is super inconvenient to take it in for service.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Well, before following the cables in the wall, just hang new ones in the air or around knobs. Make SURE that's the problem because tracing those things will be a pain. *IF* the cables are the issue, then you might need to find a creative way to route them that don't involve pulling wires through the walls.
  • Options
    oh good point!! I guess I could tie (VERY SECURELY) one end of the new cable to the old cable as I remove it, it would pull the new cable into place.  I will definitely test it though before I do all that!
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    ROBYN762 I had the same problem with the light over the sink. I recently fixed it by putting a strip of LED lights behind the existing light fixture. I ran the wires up into the cabinet and into the area behind the Jensen. There I tapped into the existing light 's  wires. Then I put a simple on off switch in the cabinet next to the Jensen. The LED' s do not interfere with the TV. If I want more light both the old a and the new can be turned on  
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    foxrocks400exfoxrocks400ex Member Posts: 6
    I have the same issue with the DVD player causing TV interference. Also having the A/C on amplifies the distortion. I called nucamp last week and explained the issue and they proceeded to tell me they'd never heard of that problem and recommended me call Jensen..... I'd love a fix!
  • Options
    I actually had my Jenson dvd player replaced under my good sam warranty and this one does the same thing.  I know about the light under the cabinets interfering so I know to not have that on, but this is something different and doesn't exactly seem to be interference. The color goes in and out ever so subtly when watching movies.  It must be something causing this though as two DVD players would not have the same issue I wouldn't think.
  • Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    To those having issues with the DVD player.   What year is your t@b ?  What model DVD player do you have?  I think nucamp have changed the DVD player model a few time over the last years 
  • Options
    foxrocks400exfoxrocks400ex Member Posts: 6
    Mine is a late 2017 year model. not sure the model on the dvd player and tv. This is a very frustrating issue though...
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    2015 same issue here.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    manxtalesmanxtales Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2019
    We just got a 2019 T@B 400 and the DVD’s skip and freeze. It’s the Jensen JWM70A.  We haven’t even had it a week.  Is it something that can be fixed?
    T@B 400 Boondock Lite named Tabby pulled by a dark gray 2012 Toyota Tacoma (Emily)