Options

Dump Station Information

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
I know this comes up from time to time (where to find dump sites) but figured I could share some information with others and this would be a handy spot for others to share additional info you find.

Here in Michigan and via the annual recreational passport you can dump for free in any of Michigan's State Parks.   I need to dump my black tank and did call their office earlier this morning and was told as long as I have the annual passport I'm good to go and without any additional fees.

Non-residents can purchase a daily pass (window sticker) at a state park or recreation area for $9. Can senior citizens (age 65+) still get a discounted yearly pass? The cost of a Recreation Passport is the same for all Michigan residents ($11 for vehicles, $5 for motorcycles).
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Great info @Michigan_Mike! I haven't ventured far yet, but the Washington State Parks charge $5 to dump if you are not a paying camper and just passing through. It's an honesty system with a little locked box for the cash. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Thanks, @Michigan_Mike. Something we never knew.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    I was in Lake Havesu last spring and had to dump my tanks at the state park as that was the closest area I could find.  In some areas there are limited locations to perform this task and some truck stops do have facilities and as I recall there are rest areas around the country that have facilities too.  Paying an entry fee is a small price for peace of mind when resources are limited.  The local state park is about 6 miles from my home so I'm fortunate there.  
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Michigan_Mike, did those dump sites show up on the AllStays Dump Sites phone app?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Same is true for Colorado, but sadly we only have 2 State Parks here in the Southwest.  Also pretty good info on "RV Dumps" and "Sanidumps" web sites (e.g. Showing our municipal dumping station is closed for renovation).

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    MN_JimMN_Jim Member Posts: 3
    Our city has a free RV Dump Station at the city water/sewer building.  It is not listed in the city pages, but there is a sign out front and it is also listed on the Sanidump site.  Your city may have something like that, too.  
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    Wow, you folks are lucky; around here (central VT/NH) I've had responses from "No, only if you're a paying guest" to $35... just to dump! Seems a tad high to me....  (Ended up making a short stay at a state CG and dumped there.)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    @Michigan_Mike, did those dump sites show up on the AllStays Dump Sites phone app?
    I didn't check AllStays at the time, but was told that the SP was the only dump area in the Lake Havesu area.  I even stopped at a trailer park and was told they didn't have a dump site and to head down to the SP.  
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    That's very cool, Mike. We have a noticeable absence of dump stations in the Pittsburgh area.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014