Options

Microwaves and wetbath

RetAFRetAF Member Posts: 13
edited November 2014 in Tips & Tricks
We bought one of the recommended microwaves, the Whirlpool "cube" and it is pretty heavy for an older guy and his wife, it won't fit in either front shelf and I wonder if anyone has found a micro microwave that would fit. Secondly,regarding the wetbath, I note that the ceiling is wood as in the rest of the T@B and could be damaged by humidity in that close and confined area. I assume by observation that the walls of the wetbath are fiberboard covered with vinyl. I guess what I'm saying is that the shower is a "sitting" shower and one should be very careful with the spray? We haven't even used the camper yet, it's sitting in the garage and we're going to pack it and prepare to use it right after the December holidays.

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Hi, RetAf -- Don't know about the microwave, but regarding the wetbath:  I have used the shower standing up, and I've found it's a wet-down, shut-off, lather-up, rinse, shut-off type of operation.  I have no problem with that -- you just need to time things right. Then I wipe down the interior of the shower with a sponge or a cloth.  Also, I fabricated a "shower curtain"  to hang over the toilet area so that water doesn't get behind the toilet such that I can't wipe it down.  I love the option of the shower -- last summer I  was at a state park and the shower/bath area smelled so strongly with fish odor, I couldn't wait to shower in my clean T@B!!!! :))
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Hi RetAF - I sit when I shower because I am too tall to stand comfortably. I use a squeegee to funnel the water to the drain when I am done.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    Thanks, we took the $129 Whilrpool back to Home Depot this morning and bought a $38 Magic Chef and it is so much lighter! It won't fit within any of the cabinets so I guess that we'll pad it well and place it on the shower floor when on the road. Thanks again!
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2014
    SgtJohn - Ret.AF :-)

I'm not sure that the paneling in the Tab is actually wood. If it is, it's got a waterproof coating, I'd say.

We've had no problem with water on the ceiling at all.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya