Options

Battery Chargers for Two Golf-Cart Battery Setup

So, I've got the two new Trojan T-105 batteries in the garage and I've been reading about battery maintenance on the Trojan Web site. The user's guide talks about setting the charger to "Equalize" to equalize the batteries. Would this be a 12-volt charger hooked to the positive terminal on one of the batteries and the negative terminal of the other or a 6-volt charger hooked to just one of the batteries? What type/brand of charger includes this charging mode?

Comments

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Not an expert here, but I'm treating my golf cart setup like a regular 12v.  I have them on a battery tender plugged into the zamp port with a reverse polarity adapter here at the house.  If I charge with a generator, I have a 25 amp charger that I will hook positive to one and negative to the other, as a single 12v would be.  Hope it's not more complicated than that. :)
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    BertBert Member Posts: 87
    Depends on whether you have sealed, maintenance-free batteries or the maintainable batteries (Trojan, Crown) that use a different type of lead in the core and are theoretically capable of lasting much longer.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Bert said:
    So, I've got the two new Trojan T-105 batteries in the garage and I've been reading about battery maintenance on the Trojan Web site. The user's guide talks about setting the charger to "Equalize" to equalize the batteries. Would this be a 12-volt charger hooked to the positive terminal on one of the batteries and the negative terminal of the other or a 6-volt charger hooked to just one of the batteries? What type/brand of charger includes this charging mode?
    Some chargers have an equalize mode. I use the equalize mode on my solar control, when necessary to handle that.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014