Options

Less is more?

I came across this little camper and was surprised at the base cost $18,950 that increases quickly if you want it to be useful!
They also stole our porthole door fan shade!

http://happiercamper.com/

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    I checked those out online when I was researching trailers. While interesting, they seemed uncomfortable and then spendy. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Thieves!!!!! Thieves, I say. Them leetle Hobbitses.... They stole .. They stole MY PRECIOUS! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    edited July 2017
    They were right inside the front gate at the Pomona RV Show last year and were fun to check out.  You could set it up as a "bike box" to carry a motorcycle or other gear.   There was the option to have the whole side open up so you could set up a tiny "food truck" or some other type of business. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Based on the number of partially submerged trees in that photo, they better hope that little thing can float!
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    You could set it up as a "bike box" to carry a motorcycle or other gear.
    An enclosed 5x8 trailer can be bought for about $1500.00. A bit cheaper than this trailer!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited July 2017

Interesting concept but description says it all -- ULTRA-LIGHT TRAVEL AND UTILITY TRAILER.
    Happier Camper says the bed sleeps up to 5. Just don't roll over. ;)

Who makes the camper with pop top roof in the ANORO commercial? That looks a LOT more substantial.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    I assume you've all see the Alto Safari, these things look cool!
    http://www.safaricondo.com/en/caravanes
  • Options
    Baby sis has one.  18 month backlog to get one. She got the one that the roof electronically raises.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Saw these little ones at the Little Guy dealer in San Diego. Less than 1000lbs and 100lb tongue weight.

Give us a call! (866) 977-7607
    8148 Ronson Rd. Ste. "A", San Diego, CA, 92111 * (866) 977-7607 * (858) 277-7607 Open M - F 9:30 to 5 & Sat 10:30 to 4

MeerKat

Meerkat Trailers - Small Campers for SaleSmall Camping & Travel Trailers!

Meet the MeerKat Trailer

A Meerkat is a small animal that travels in groups. It stands tall and pokes its head up to look around. Meerkats tend to gather in groups and they are very cute – just like the MeerKat travel trailer. The MeerKat is the perfect trailer for people who own small cars, allowing them to enjoy the fuel economy that their everyday car offers, even when towing a trailer. MeerKat owners enjoy getting out into nature to relax. They are people who enjoy camping, but don’t want to sleep on the ground anymore. The MeerKat is for somebody who understands that bigger is not always better and would rather be camping and exploring than preparing an RV and a big tow vehicle for a trip, or dealing with grey water, black water, and fresh water tanks at the end of a trip.

The MeerKat weighs in at only 900 pounds and is easily maneuvered by hand. Just unhook it from your car and you can easily push it into place. It will fit in a standard garage so there is no need for an expensive storage bill.

The interior offers a very comfortable living arrangement, with an attractive wrap around seating area and a small table (optional larger dining table is available). Features include a hanging closet, porta potty, icebox, sink, ample lighting, and a bed that comfortably sleeps two. There is also lots of cabinet and drawer storage.

The trailer is fully insulated and offers windows on each side and on the front and back. Three of the windows open as do the vents in the top because you can never have too much ventilation on those hot summer days.

The MeerKat…..everything RV-ing was meant to be!

Specifications

Inside Width:58″
    Fender to Fender Width:60″
    Inside Height:73″
    Exterior Height (open):88″
    Exterior Height (closed):77″
    Overall Length:13′
    Inside Length:9′ 6″
    Receiver Size:None
    GAWR (Axle Rating):2000 lbs.
    Rim Type:Steel
    Stone Guard:Yes
    Frame Type:Steel
    Curb Weight:900lb
    Tongue Weight:100 lbs.
    Mattress Size:59″ x 70/81″
    Tire Size:175/80/D13
    Give us a call at (877) 977-7607 for more details.

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    The price of the MeerKat is not bad compared to the Happier Camper that can cost close to $30,000 fully loaded.
  • Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    They are all variations of the original egg camper the Boler. There is a manufacturer in BC that even makes a fifth wheel version. Prices are all over the map but I bet there are about 10 different MFR's of the Boler style trailer.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Those are very cool.  I saw one rolling down the highway this summer.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    My sister's Safari has that modern look that I'm not a fan of - love the homey look of the wood. Personal preference. It's much like the 400 (but the 400 is several notches higher in design - IMHO and with jkjenn's review).

There are a ton of windows, and sis ends up using the inside snap-on blackout panels (included) to increase the cooling capacity of the A/C. It also has a heat-pump and no furnace. She needed a couple ceramic heaters to get heat under 40F. Odd for a camper made in Canada? It seems those windows get a ton of condensation with two people inside. They can open the fan a little and crack a window, but with the rain sensor even a little dew will trigger it to close (not sure brand). After fans with rain sensors shut the vent, it doesn't re-open after the rain is gone. You have to re-open the fan. 

So, even those cool Safari's have their quirks. All campers seem to! They even had the HW heater electronic board die on the way back from picking it up in Canada. It was replaced at Camping World and the Safari people immediately reimbursed them. Apparently, they are customer responsive too, but with no dealers in the U.S., it's harder to reach customers.
  • Options
    blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    rkj__ said:
    Those are very cool.  I saw one rolling down the highway this summer.
    This was my first "teardrop" I saw years ago while traveling through Quebec. It was so amazing and I've always wanted one, but they really haven't updated it since it was announced. They need to improve manufacturing and get new features, models, etc.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Ratkity I had no idea there were snap on window covers. Having always uncovered windows, even if they are up high, did not appeal to me at all. The main turn off for me was the toilet set up. I'd hardly call those privacy walls, and it makes the 320 wet bath seem large and luxurious! For that amount of money I'd want walls top to bottom, just because. Also knowing the only true service was in Ontario, CA was an issue for me in Eastern Washington State. I love my T@b! :heart:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Homebodyatheart-did you have a vision of a giant jack in the box like I did? Sort of brings the concept of an open floor plan to a new level. The Alto has lots of cool features, but I prefer the T@B too. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner