Options

Help Mounting Noco Battery Box for the Two Golf Cart Battery Mod

I'm hoping to mount my new Noco Battery Box on the Outback platform. When I mounted Action Packers there, I cut two holes in the bottom of the Action Packers, then used a large bolt with large fender washers so I could use the holes already in the Outback platform (no new holes to drill).

The Noco battery box has four notches on the outside corners that are for 1/4-inch fasteners. Two of these notches end up above the metal tubing that supports the flat metal plate of the platform.

Can I drill holes in the bottom of the battery box without disturbing its function (one Youtube video shows holes being drilled--for venting??)?

Can I have a metal bolt beneath the case of the Trojan battery? Would I need neoprene foam between the battery and the bolt head?

Note that the battery box has recesses where I will mount the bolt, so I don't think the bolt will be contacting the bottom of the battery, but won't have an easy way to know once the batteries are in.

I am using a board to separate the two batteries and keep them from moving inside the case.

Thanks for help from anyone who understands these matters....

Comments