Options

A/C cover second attempt

I did not like my first cover, this new one only sticks 3/4 of an inch and the cover is held onto the frame by 12 sets (24 magnetic's facing each other) of 1/4 x 1/4 cylinder magnetic's. They are so strong I have to pull hard to get the cover off! I ran over some very bad RR tracks near my home at 55 mph for a test and the cover never moved. I glassed and painted it. Art
2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Love the railroad track test!! Now you have to do the 18-wheeler passing you at 70+mph test. 

It is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a true leather cover!! You are very talented! Another T@B University badge for utility and decor all in one mod. Congratz!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    Raykity, thanks I pulled it from Mobile to Massachusetts and back 2,999 miles last month & it held on. The first pull handle I had on it was a 90 degree tab & I had to use vice-grip pliers with both hands to pull it off! Now have the drawer pull knob on & it works much better. Art  
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @gulfarea, amazing!! The "vice-grip" test??? Extra credit for your badge!! Don't lose that knob. Did you use earth magnets?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 507
    Ratkity, yes on the earth mags. Sure are powerful mags.