Options

Sugarcreek this weekend

sranderlesranderle Member Posts: 78
Anyone going to be in the Sugarcreek, OH area this weekend?  I'm heady out from Mpls, MN Saturday morning,  arriving Sunday afternoon.  I have a Monday appointment to have some work done on our 2016 T@b Q.

Steve & Sherry
2016 T@b Q
Lakeville, MN

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    No, but have a great trip!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Weather looks to be good.  It will be nice to get away from the rain that we've been having.

I'm interested in seeing the T@b 400 and the Cirrus in person.

Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    greggillgreggill Member Posts: 45
    Wish I could say I was. I live in Ohio and really like visiting that part of the state. Have a great trip. Eat some of the food for me.
  • Options
    Park Street Pizza tomorrow night.

Any lunch recommendations for Monday?
    Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Honey Bee ... I think that was the name of it. Very generous portions for breakfast.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @sranderle - I am going to be in Akron in the AM and then North Canton in the early afternoon. Depending on when you arrive, we could meet up. Sugarcreek is probably 30-45 min from Canton. I will PM you my phone number.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    sranderle said:
    Weather looks to be good.  It will be nice to get away from the rain that we've been having.

I'm interested in seeing the T@b 400 and the Cirrus in person.

Make sure you stop off at the Dutch Valley Restaurant for some excellent Amish cooking.   

http://www.visitamishcountry.com/business/409/dutch-valley-restaurant-bakery

The factory does have hook-ups along the left side of the factory (just off the NE corner of parking lot) if you are scheduled for work on your trailer.  I believe there are 4-6 plugs available?  

Berlin (bur-len) is about 10 miles west of the factory and has Amish shops, good food and is fun to walk around in, as is Sugarcreek.  

Swissters in Sugarcreek has an assortment of wines, etc. and has a small deli (nice place to shop!) and they make wine smoothies to go too!  They are closed on Sunday.

https://www.google.com/search?q=swissters

Winklepleck Campground is just around the corner and off the backside of the factory to the NW about 1.5 miles and is quaint, quiet, shady and enjoyable.  It butts up against a beautiful, well landscaped and lush golf course too.  I would say that Winklepleck is a diamond in the rough and you can register at the City of Sugarcreek office.  There IS water and restroom facilities on site, no showers and no dump station.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    As my son burned up all of my data for the month, I was not able to connect or upload anything.  Now that I'm home, belated good morning from Sugarcreek; Winklepleck Grove CG.

Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    Austin and the guys from service did a fantastic job working through my work item list, including a new one found while on the road; tail lights losing LEDs.  They even replaced my broken trim!  My refrigerator recall is done.  I have 110/12v outlets on the headboard for my CPAP.  The Lagun table mount was installed and attached to the original table; what an unbelievable upgrade.  I needed bed slats, which I will add to, filling in the gaps.  And, they repacked the wheel bearings.

While I was waiting, Jackie gave me a very thorough tour, and answered my many questions.  We went out back to get into a 400 and a Cirrus.  If I was looking to change right now, I might be leaning towards a Cirrus.  Of course I would have to upgrade my HD 1/2 ton pickup to a 1 ton, but the 400 just has too many things that didn't work for me.  So it's a good thing we love our current T@b!!

I took a drive out to Berlin and back.  Nothing really caught my eye from a shopping perspective, but the countryside was beautiful.  I returned and had lunch.  After heading back to nuCamp, it was eclipse time.  It became a constant stream of employees heading outside to catch a glimpse.  Before long, it was time to pay, and hit the road.  I wanted to make 4 hours, to cut my last day down to just 12.  It was quite warm in Indiana that night, so I used the AC for just the second time ever; both on this trip.  Another feature I am glad to have.

If you ever need to have your trailer serviced, and can take the time to turn it into a vacation, I highly recommend it!

Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @sranderle, Many thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you had a good one, and sounds like you were well taken care of by folks that REALLY do care!!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I love that old farm up the hill.  There was also a small family cemetery plot  in the next farm up the hill from the farm shown in your photo.  When I shot the photo below I could hear a whirring sound, looked over to the right and there was a drone hovering just above the cornfield in front of me.  So much for privacy!  

• Options
    Home security?  :)

Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I think that one of the guys at the rally was playing around with his drone and was trying to mess with me.   And the irony of all of it is that one of the guys flying a drone had one stuck high up in that tree shown in your photo of the farm.  Marvin Raber climbed up the tree and was able to retrieve it after a few minutes.  It was near the top!  
  • Options
    @Michigan_Mike, Now, THAT'S what you call a versatile, multitaskin' employee!!!! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    @Michigan_Mike, Now, THAT'S what you call a versatile, multitaskin' employee!!!! :)
    @ericnliz and an invasion of privacy!   fighting0019gif         spygif
  • Options

sranderle said:
    Austin and the guys from service did a fantastic job working through my work item list, including a new one found while on the road; tail lights losing LEDs.  They even replaced my broken trim!  My refrigerator recall is done.  I have 110/12v outlets on the headboard for my CPAP.  The Lagun table mount was installed and attached to the original table; what an unbelievable upgrade.  I needed bed slats, which I will add to, filling in the gaps.  And, they repacked the wheel bearings.

While I was waiting, Jackie gave me a very thorough tour, and answered my many questions.  We went out back to get into a 400 and a Cirrus.  If I was looking to change right now, I might be leaning towards a Cirrus.  Of course I would have to upgrade my HD 1/2 ton pickup to a 1 ton, but the 400 just has too many things that didn't work for me.  So it's a good thing we love our current T@b!!

I took a drive out to Berlin and back.  Nothing really caught my eye from a shopping perspective, but the countryside was beautiful.  I returned and had lunch.  After heading back to nuCamp, it was eclipse time.  It became a constant stream of employees heading outside to catch a glimpse.  Before long, it was time to pay, and hit the road.  I wanted to make 4 hours, to cut my last day down to just 12.  It was quite warm in Indiana that night, so I used the AC for just the second time ever; both on this trip.  Another feature I am glad to have.

If you ever need to have your trailer serviced, and can take the time to turn it into a vacation, I highly recommend it!

Austin, Marvin, Awesome Elsie and the rest of crew down at the factory are the best!   They really do a top notch job and can knock out some big projects in short order.  I was impressed with Austin Jones and spoke with him in length at the rally.  This is a brilliant/talented/outgoing young man who stated that is very satisfied in his profession, he enjoys working with people, figuring out and repairing their problems and looks forward to coming into work every day.   

I'm happy you were able to get your trailer taken care of and agree, Sugarcreek and a trip down to the factory and into Amish country is quite an adventure and worthy of a short vacation if you need any repairs on your trailer!  

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @Michigan_Mike, Ha, funny one, but I was referring to Marvin! :lol:
    Absolutely agree with your comments about the other employees as well. My dealings with Elsie, and Austin were both very much top notch customer satisfaction encounters!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    @Michigan_Mike, Ha, funny one, but I was referring to Marvin! :lol:
    Absolutely agree with your comments about the other employees as well. My dealings with Elsie, and Austin were both very much top notch customer satisfaction encounters!! :)
    Elsie is a peach of a lady, very helpful and very kind!