Options

T@B hitches for older DM TABs AL-KO hitches

rch2908rch2908 Member Posts: 5
I recently purchased an 08 T@B clamshell. I'm wondering about the lever handle that goes over the ball of the tow vehicle. Once the lever is down over the ball is that lever secure and  not able to jump off the ball while traveling. When I towed the T@B home I put a bungee over the handle so it wouldn't jump up. Does anyone else with an older T@B do the same thing?  There doesn't seem to be a place to put a pin in it to secure it while traveling. Also is side to side movement normal on that hitch? Thanks for any info anyone can provide, just want to be secured while traveling down the road.

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    The handle stays latched no problem.  It is spring loaded to the latched position.  Many folks use a rubber mallet under the handle when hitching to hold it open while lifting off or dropping on the ball.  

Make sure the hand brake is OFF (down) before driving off.

You may find the bungee is useful to assure the jockey wheel does not drop during travel.  Some folks have had problems with that.

You may want to look into adjusting the brakes if it hasn't been done recently.  It is a very simple system that works quite well if maintained.

Have fun!