Options

Solar panels (what to do with them)

2»

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Crystal, does she have an extra battery in the van that she charges with the panels while away from the RV?  
    Either that or a really long cord🤣🤣
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Dalehelman I’ll call you a Know-A-Ton. Haha. I have a question, is there is any reason I would want/need twice the solar panels? We ordered the 150 factory installed but would there be benefit to a second flexible one or is there just a max charge I am going to get. Sorry, I am not solar smart and this might be a silly question.  Thanks for always being so helpful.

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    @ColleenD2
    Depends on your battery storage capacity. IMHO 150watts for a single battery would be more than adequate. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Ok thanks. We have one battery and Dana at Missouri Teardrop said it won’t be junk. He thinks we will be OK with one battery but we will see. We plan on Boondocking. It’s not here yet. 2 months...now that the order is placed I just read and try to learn every single thing I can.  It keeps me out of the pool halls. Thanks again. I really do spend time here just reading every thing you write. One day I hope to shake your hand or hug you to say thank you.

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,657
    You won't know how much you need til you find out how much you use.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    @ColleenD2
    Your very kind thank you. Let us know if you’re travels bring you to the NW. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Here's a beginner's question.. can the roof mounted panel be charging the trailer battery while towing, at the same time the TV is charging it?  If so, how would one secure cables to the outside of a TV?
    Or is the main idea just to park the TV in sun & extend cables to the trailer while camping?  
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods