Options

Jackson Lake Photo - correction…my original post made you think II was Jenny.

TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
edited September 2022 in Camping & Travel
We were camping (with a tent in Jenny Lake campgrounds) in the Tetons in Sept. of 85.  On our way from Yellowstone we passed Jackson Lake.  We'd been thru here the year before, but were much surprised by the change in the Lake now.  I guess they were repairing the dam.  Anyway, I walked way out on the lakebed (yes, thats me)) and my wife took a photo....

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
T@bbey  Road   
Appleton,  WI

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    THAT is bazaar!!!!!  I have been down that highway quite a few times and have never seen the lake down that far or even remotely close to that level.   Did you happen to stop by the marina up the road?   Crazy!!!!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @TerryV6 that's a very tiny lake (?) in that pic! The year my family went to Niagara Falls was the year they 'turned the water off" on the American side to reinforce and repair the rock face. They diverted all the water to the Canadian side. Somewhere I've got slides of it. It was 1969 I believe. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    @Homebodyatheart - small world... We were there that year too.  It was almost spooky.  I remember worrying that all the water would let loose and come over to the American side and wash people over the edge :o
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    It was crazy...  We had just been there the year before.   Can't remember seeing the marina, but hey, 32 years ago...  I remember pulling over to the side of the road,  going down to the lakebed and wandering out.  Jody took my photo with a "FILM" loaded camera.  Wasn't sure what we had till developing time..  
    As far as Niagra falls, I watched a Pbs show on it and didn't realize that the falls is slowly marching back upstream.
    "From 1842 to 1905, the average rate of erosion of the Horseshoe Falls was 1.16 meters (3.8 feet) per year. From 1906 to 1927, this rate of erosion was reduced to .70 meters (2.3 feet) per year. This reduction coincided with the large quantity of water being diverted for hydro-electric generation."
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I have a picture of Jenny Lake from 1986.. wow... just wow. That's the lake bed. Mono Lake was in a poor state from water diversion to big cities in CA at the time as well. I wondered how that has faired in 31 yrs.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)