Options

T@B Visor XL

Can you open the door all the way with the XL visor, and if not, is that a problem? We like to use the screen and have the door full open.
Mickey & Terri
2016 Max S
Kalamazoo Michigan

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    No, you cannot open the door all of the way with the XL visor. It opens about 60* or so. I keep the door held open with a loose fitting bungee cord attached to the front handle and it gives me plenty of air through the screen. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    This is my hack for holding the door  partially open. By keeping the door farther from wall it also allows better air  circulation for the refrigerator vent. I use it with or without the visor.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ClaudeAClaudeA Member Posts: 54
    Another smart hack. I will look in to it when I get the visor, some day.
    2016 CS-S silver and red, 2022 Toyota Sienna Hybrid
    Ottawa, Ontario
  • Options
    MisterZMisterZ Member Posts: 1
    Clever mod you have there.  What is the long piece made from?  
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    The clip on the door. -  how is that secured?  Command straps don't seem strong enough..  good idea btw...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    MisterZ said:
    MisterZ said:
    A piece of  Square aluminum bar stock I picked up at  Home Depot 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    TerryV6 said:
    The clip on the door. -  how is that secured?  Command straps don't seem strong enough..  good idea btw...

I used 3M red back double sided tape. Command strips would work fine IMHO

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,356
    This is a great mod. But it doesn't have to be too complicated. I couldn't find my metal rod once and had to use a coat hanger instead. Worked just fine if there are no winds. I also just toss the metal rod into a tub instead of securing it to the door itself.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Tabaz said:
    This is a great mod. But it doesn't have to be too complicated. I couldn't find my metal rod once and had to use a coat hanger instead. Worked just fine if there are no winds. I also just toss the metal rod into a tub instead of securing it to the door itself.
    At my age I tend to forget where I put things. The rod was left over from another project.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    TerryV6 said:

I used 3M red back double sided tape. Command strips would work fine IMHO

Thanks...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Tabaz said:
    At my age I tend to forget where I put things. The rod was left over from another project.
    Hmmm....  I would think the coat hanger might be nice as the hole drilled would be smaller and the plastic piece would lose less strength integrity...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI