Trip #2: COCamper goes to Wyoming

COcamperCOcamper Member Posts: 43
Two nights in Wyoming's Medicine Bow N.F., where we hiked, explored, and boondocked with Tuesd@y and *three dogs*.
Crazy? Yes.

That makes 4 nights under our belts out in the wild in our trailer. After 40 years of backpacking and some car camping, what a novelty to have running water, a comfortable bed, and big windows to see the stars and Milky Way in the middle of the night! It was a great trip and, dare I say it, I think we're getting our routine in place and figuring out efficiencies. It seemed easier this time to prep, haul and demobilize. I had her plugged in and packed her during the week, and loaded groceries straight in ahead of time. After a long week of work and one of us out of town until Thursday night, we never would have had the time or energy to take off for an unknown area 130 miles away on Friday afternoon doing it the "old way"....  

We're used to packing the car to the gills right before leaving, and then everything falling out around us every time we opened the doors. We're used to deciding just how thirsty or hungry we were before pulling over and scrounging around for a nalgene that had fallen and rolled under the back seat, or trying to grab a snack from the little cooler that was in the wheel well underneath literally everything. 

Thank you Tuesd@y for making it easy for us to get out there.  What a treat. This is great!

Next up: a weeklong trip at the end of September seeking fall colors, hikes, hot springs and probably some wineries, linking Glenwood, Grand Mesa, Crawford S.P and Redstone in a loop. Looking forward to it. 

2017 CS-S Silver / Red Trim "Tuesd@y" | 2019 F-150 Abyss Gray | 13 States
On Instagram: @dogmomming

Comments