Options

Counter Top Replacement

mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
I am about to take delivery but the T@B I ordered came with a damaged counter top. The stove came lose in shipping and damaged the Formica. The dealer is taking care of this but I am wondering how easy it will be to replace the counter. Apparently LG will be supplying a replacement. Not knowing the order of assembly I am wondering if the work can easily be done without collateral damage. Has anyone had any experience in replacing their counter top in the galley of a S model? I am going to have to wait another couple of weeks before I can bring my new T@B home.
Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 

Comments

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    I have been meaning to update my post. We have taken delivery of our T@B and a replacement counter was sent to the dealer and has now been installed without any issues. They did a fantastic job and you would never know it was not factory installed. This speaks well to both Pleasant Valley and the dealer network. They do take customer satisfaction to heart. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Glad it worked out so well.
    Not sure all of the dealer network would perform that well unfortunately - Which dealer do you have - Might be nice to know in case I need one ;-)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Maybe we need a list of positive dealer experiences.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    My dealer (as I've mentioned) - nice guys as they were - basically helped me hook up, gave me the manuals and waved goodbye. They did help with some minor fixes but I'm not sure I'd have them tackle anything like a countertop.
    As I'm on the road full-time, I'd really like to know where the knowledgeable, experienced dealers are.
  • Options
    Sandra - I definitely don't want to discuss the bad ones ;-)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Sandra said:
    I don't think that dealer experiences is a good topic of discussion - good ones, maybe - bad ones, absolutely not.
    Per forum rules (#7) it's not permitted and goes against the intent of the forum.  

Keep in mind too that we do have members who are dealers and participating members of both forum areas.   If you have an issue(s) with a dealer/distributor please discuss these issues with them personally or call Little Guy World Wide.   And I agree, we all have our days but also need a fair shake too.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    So in other words Mike - According to Rule #7, we can discuss positive dealer experiences as we're not disparaging either LG or it's affiliates - Correct?
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I don't think that's an issue....  The bottom line and per Little Guy and the factory, the sole purpose of the forum community is as follows:

• To promote the teardrop and family way of life 
    • To learn and share new information
    • To help others 
    • To create an atmosphere of mutual respect and goodwill 
    • Build camaraderie
    • Encourage the community
    • Foster a sense of trust
    • Identify latent defects in components
    • Discover workmanship issues
    • Improve factory processes
    • Upgrade components and implement user ideas
    • Continue building great campers that you love