Options

Construction time?

I've been researching trailers for about 18 months. I haven't found any with the fit and finish of the nuCamp or Little Guy. 
Can anyone tell me if they know how long it takes the factory to build a 320 or 400? Little Guy Max? 
Just curious, because it seems that if you can build a 24' trailer in less than 8 hours, something is going to have to be sacrificed. 
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @sherm2954 I know this is apples to oranges (that never stops me), but I never thought of that question so, this from a Toyota site:
    "The process of making a car can be roughly divided into stamping, welding, painting, assembly and inspections, which takes about 17-18 hours in total. (It varies according to the number of cars made by a factory.)

When we consider that each car is made of about 30,000 parts, each of which takes time to produce, the time it takes to build a car is quite long."

It it will be very interesting if someone can compare apples to apples!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It used to take 11 hours to build one T@B 320, but I haven't heard in the past two or three years if that has changed. I have no information on the T@B 400 as that production line is still working on quality first, production last. 

nüCamp is no longer associated with Little Guy, nor their products.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    sherm2954sherm2954 Member Posts: 38
    I always prefer quality over speed. As a friend once told me, " If you want something done real bad, that's what you will get."