Options

Drained all water, Seelevel still shows 31%

I know the Seelevel display (on a 2017 Outback Max) isn't completely accurate, but I completely drained the water today in preparation for winterization. I opened all the low point valves, flushed, etc. No water comes out anywhere now. But the display still shows 31%. I thought perhaps it needed a bit of time to reset to zero, but it's been half a day and it still shows 31%. Is this normal or is my Seelevel perhaps defective? I cannot imagine that 1/3 of the water is hiding somewhere I missed.

Comments

• Options
    BcsTractorBcsTractor Member Posts: 8
    Had the same problem this afternoon - mine shows 13%.  Tomorrow morning I will try tilting the trailer front/back and side to side to see if either produce more water because it is supposed to go to 27F that evening and start snowing on Monday with a low of 17.
    2018 T@B 320 S built with Outback axle and wheels. TV 2006 BMW X3 White Manual Trans
  • Options
    KTOTKTOT Member Posts: 35
     BcsTractor said:
    Had the same problem this afternoon - mine shows 13%.  Tomorrow morning I will try tilting the trailer front/back and side to side to see if either produce more water because it is supposed to go to 27F that evening and start snowing on Monday with a low of 17.
    Please report whether that does get more water out and if the display goes to zero. Also how are you tilting it side to side? I can see lifting the hitch end to tilt front to back but have no idea how to do the side to side. I do see my T@b isn't 100% level side to side though I still can't imagine 31% of the water still inside, especially since none comes out anywhere (low point drains, shower, sink, toilet).
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Try putting the nose/hitch down as low as possible.  That's what I had to do with our 2018 T@B 320s to get the clean water tank to drain completely by gravity.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    BcsTractorBcsTractor Member Posts: 8
    BrianZ - thanks, that did it and the reading has now gone to zero.  Raising the drain side slightly above level with a car jack under the suspension bracket seemed to get a few more drops.

Fortunately the sun is still out and its 65F - 6" snow tomorrow. Saved, the dealer had already closed when I phoned.
    2018 T@B 320 S built with Outback axle and wheels. TV 2006 BMW X3 White Manual Trans
  • Options
    I did some leveling by using leveling blocks and got the display to show zero but when I moved the T@b back to its regular spot, the water showed as 19 although again no water would come out from anywhere. Makes no sense to me. I did add antifreeze and pink is coming out so there shouldn't be water in the system unless it's hiding somewhere. I definitely had all the valves by the Alde set correctly.
  • Options
    BrianZ said:
    Try putting the nose/hitch down as low as possible.  That's what I had to do with our 2018 T@B 320s to get the clean water tank to drain completely by gravity.
    Thanks, BrianZ! That is the trick to get the reading to stay down at zero. 
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    This is nothing to do with the fresh water tank but did you shop vac out the traps in the sinks and shower? 

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,514
    Isn't it good enough to add antifreeze to the traps?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @newell, That's an interesting thought, and a good valid one. Putting enough antifreeze in the shower drain and the sink to fill the traps does the trick just fine though. Also adding enough to the toilet, and the shower/sink drains to reach the drain gates for the black & gray tanks and moving the gates back & forth a few times will keep them from freezing/cracking and breaking also. It got down to (MINUS) -19* at my place last year, and I had NO issues with the water system by following this procedure. Also make sure to put enough antifreeze on TOP of the flap seal in the toilet to help keep the gasket there moist so it doesn't dry crack.  :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    ericnliz said:
     Also make sure to put enough antifreeze on TOP of the flap seal in the toilet to help keep the gasket there moist so it doesn't dry crack.  :)
    Go advice ericliz,  I wouldn't have thought of that one.  So I should leave the toilet flap closed then? 

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Yes, I do. Just make sure there's enough antifreeze on top of the "flapper" to keep the seal moist. I usually put in a cup, or two to ensure it's covered well.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf