New Awning

Loving our new PahaQue T@B-400 Awning from allproadventures.com. Have the sides rolled up for ventilation on this gorgeous Ohio evening.
Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400

Comments

• bmetinCObmetinCO Member Posts: 15
    Love the red and gray color scheme.  We were thinking of getting the same color to match our red truck. 
    I saw the Whee in your username and thought, no way they are from Cullowhee!  Go Cats! 
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Very nice Steve!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @bmetinCO, welcome to the TWB Forum! Yes, indeed Cullowhee is home base for the two of us. What's your connection to the home of the Cats?
    @TerryV6, Terry & Jody, glad you like the look of our new shade.It took us a while to decide to get the PahaQue awning but we're really enjoying it. It's pretty easy to put up and will enjoy it when we're set up for at least two nights. Still planning on getting a visor for shorter stays. Will post pictures when that happens. 

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • bmetinCObmetinCO Member Posts: 15
    I lived in NC for 50+ years and my brother went to WCU around '77 and my daughter graduated from WCU in 2016.  With the kids out of the house we moved to CO last year.  My heart will always be in NC, but we are enjoying all the sights here in CO.  We just saw the T@B 400 last weekend for the first time and think it will be a perfect fit for us.  Now if I can just convince my wife we should get one now...
  • sorenpnjsorenpnj Member Posts: 5
    To skwhee and others
    We have a new T@B400 after two years with a T@B 320. We loved the PahaQue awning for the 320 and bought a new awning for the T@B 400 identical to the one you show on the photo
    Problems we ran into at the first set up.
    1. The awning does not look like the photo PahaQue shows on the web site and the tear drop shop website, where we bought the awning. We complained to both immediately.
    2. PahaQue added about 18" of red material below instead of extending the grey roof and compromising the roll up elastic hooks. The awning we received the keder cord was not long enough and sat high up in the keder rail
    3 WARNING and BIGGEST PROBLEM: The keder cord in our awning was too thin (7MM for a 7 MM rail opening). This resulted in the whole awning was completely ripped out of the keder cord rail twice just from a small breeze.
    4. My first complain to PahaQue (Jason R) was met with rudeness and no form for customer service help. It was stated that the keder rail was wrong not the keder cord. I contacted campNu and they have had the same keder cord rail for a along time and firmly did not agree with PahaQue's statement.
    5. Confronted with this PahaQue admitted that the keder cord was wrong. It should have been 8MM instead of 7MM.
    6. PahaQue agreed to change the keder cord in my awning without charge. It took almost 8 weeks to get the awning back.
    7. A the test set up of the modified awning we noticed that PahaQue has extended the keder cord about 18 inches longer on each side of the gray roof, so it now reaches down to about to the T@B 400 handles. That's a great improvement. (I have actually suggested this) It looks like the awning is workable now.
    8. Some photos about the awning, old and new design and the whole awning out of the keder rail.

My recommendation to all new T@B 400 awning buyers from PahaQue check the keder cord diameter (the white plastic cord only) and contact PahaQue if it is only 7 MM. Request a new modified version with an 8MM keder cord. The 7 MM keder cord will bring a disasterous rip out from the keder rail.

And finally I think this forum is to be a help for all other T@B 400 owners.
    S Jensen, MA
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Here is the pic from PaHaque Custom.  To me this looks photoshopped.  The 320 awnings have fabric down to the handles front and back.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    you are correct it is photoshopped and PahaQue has admitted this to me. And by the way this is a T@B 400 as you can see from the star window. So why did PahaQue not design and deliver the awning as shown on this photo but instead mixed it up with a photo from a T@B 320?. The gray roof with the keder cord should go all the way down to the handles. It did not. Bad, deceiving and fake web site photo. Watch out for PahaQue's T@B 400 awning and at least make sure you get a keder cord minimum 8MM
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Somebody needs to send them pictures!  Maybe they did not have a Tab 400 available and made them on provided specs.  The way the 400s are selling like hotcakes, I‘ll bet they went off measurements from nuCamp.  Anyway, yours looks different from Steve and Karens above.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    In the past we have had no issues with Pahaque products; awning, tent, and XL visor for our 320.  After purchasing our T@b 400 in April, we ordered the awning through Little Guy.  After waiting 4 weeks, we received, what we assume, was a 320 awning.  Working through Little Guy customer service, we were continually being told, by Pahque, that the correct awning would ship "next week". Meanwhile it was getting closer to our trip to UCamp, where we intended to use it.  Finally, two weeks ago I spoke with Mike at Pahaque who assured me that the awning was completed but, due to the tariffs, they were having trouble getting their poles.  Thankfully, the awning arrived this past Tuesday, the day before we were to head out on our trip, and, after a quick partial set up, it appears to be the correct awning.  Interestingly enough, it came with a ceiling support pole similar to the ones Pahaque was including with the 320 tents.  We had great customer service from Little Guy and are hoping that when we set up the awning later today, all is well.  Hopefully, Pahaque can work through these issues and get back to the great customer service that we have had in the past.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

edited July 2018
    Hi Sharon and John and others
    I have sent pictures of the awning/keder cord/keder rail in detail. I have have had several conversations with both PahaQue and nüCamp and correspondence through Email. nuCampNu and Pahaque have talked to each other too. Bottom line is that PahaQue admitted they used the wrong keder cord and replaced the awning with a new modified one and a 8MM cord.. 
    My T@B 400 comments are intended to alert other T@B 400 owners about the potential PahaQue awning problem. I doubt my awning was a single mistake. The awning I received first is exactly like the one Steve and Karen have shown.
    More awning information from my research.
    I just bought an additional Walker awning for my T@B 400 made in Holland. It is a combined awning and canopy. Very cool design, but more expensive than the one from PahaQue. I bought it from NuCamp. I have also contacted Walker in Holland. They have confirmed they make their awning with a thicker keder for the US market. I can confirm this as I just have set it up. It looks great.
    Another awning from Europe is called Isabella made in Denmark. This awning is also a very nice design. They also use a thicker cord for the US market. It doesn't have the canopy feature.
    And finally the original T@B 400 design comes from Germany and is licensed by NuCamp for the US market. If you google the two European awnings you can find more information. There are some differences in the interior design, But the outside shape is identical.
    Any questions let me know

To Sharon and John and other T@B 400 owners.
    My collection of pictures for my complain case of the PahaQue awning.
    1.Awning on my T@B 320. Notice how the gray roof and the cord is all the way to the handles.
    The roll up also is done using all the straps.
    2. New PahaQue awning for my T@B 400. Notice how the red material has been extended with about 18 inches on the lower section on each side. It looks to me that PahaQue just modified a T@B 320 awning design to fit the T@B 400 trailer???
    3. Blown out the T@B 400 awning from a slight morning breeze
    4. Keder cord in the rail sitting high up and not down to the handle.
    5. Measuring the cord to 7MM. Notice this cord is white.
    6. Measuring the rail cord gap to 7MM. This gap for a 7MM cord is not good.
    7. Revised T@B 400 awning now with a keder cord (in black) much longer, extended about 18 inches from the gray roof and almost down to the handles now.
    8. Measuring the new cord to 8MM.

Here you have it pictures
    Again these pictures are intended to help other T@B 400 awning owners to check out the PahaQue awnings they might have purchased.
    PahaQue after receiving all these pictures changed the design. However it is still not what they have shown on the Photoshop edited picture on their web site

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @sorenpnj FYI Isabela now has a US distribution location in Vanvouver, Wa. Much easier to deal “this side of the pond!”
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • mikesnewjourneymikesnewjourney Member Posts: 28
    We are in the market for an awning for the T@B 400 and curious about the Isabella brand.  Has anyone purchased one yet?  Seems to be pretty well made?  Also curious if anybody has compared the pole system of the Isabella to the Walker tent and how many pieces of pole parts each have?  Thank you for your time . I have leaning more toward the Isabella?