Options

portable campfire/ firepit

Hello - thought you would be interested in the following.  Its been awhile since I posted but life got in the way. 
Since the Campfire in a Can fiasco I have been looking for something that would do a similar job. I have several Biolite products that I use regularly and thought you all might be interested in this Kickstarter campaign. This company has been around for awhile and the campaign has been fully funded so I think the probability of a total dud is extremely low (I don't believe anything is completely zero ;-)  ).  So - if you are looking for something portable this may work for you.  https://bafb9f.kckb.st/

Comments

• Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Cool. Have you tried it?
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    How much does it cost?
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    BBchBumBBchBum Member Posts: 105
    no I haven't tried it yet - this is brand new and not available commercially yet - just thru kickstarter.   If you get it thru kickstarter then it is US$199 which includes the solar cover.  After kickstarter the cover will be a separate cost.  This is info I've gleaned from their posting.  I'm getting one and can report after I get it but that won't be until next May/June at the earliest.  I have all three of their lanterns and love them.  I also have the cookstove and am pleased with how it works - especially during a hurricane ;-).  for everyones fyi - I'm not affiliated with biolite - just really like their products. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    This is really interesting! They have done a great job with their explanations and dynamics. I have to check out their lanterns!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    FreshaireFreshaire Member Posts: 97
    Thanks for posting about the Biolite firepit.  After checking out the kickstarter site, I have decided to order one myself.  I don't know if I'll use it while camping, but I know I'll find lots of uses for it otherwise. . . . .on the beach, s'mores in the yard with grandchildren, or sitting around it on a cold night at home.

Happy to know about the Biolite products too.  I'm considering additional products.  Today is the last day of the Kickstarted campaign if anyone else is interested.
    2015 T@b 320S Maxx Outback, aka "Alie Cat"
    TV:  2012 Honda Ridgeline

Alice
    Crozet, VA