Options

Winter storage

TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
My battery was new in April.  I just moved my T@B to an RV storage lot for the winter.  There is no electricity. So what do I do about the battery?  If I leave the battery on off switch to off will my battery be OK in the spring?  
2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    Batteries do self discharge even if you have turned your battery cut off switch to "OFF" and isolated it from phantom draw.  You are likely to come back to a dead battery in the spring.  If you have the standard leaded battery that came with the Tab, best to remove it, store it at home in a vented area and put it on a charger.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    It is a wet cell battery, marine battery???? The dealer replaced it this spring.  I assumed it would be dead in the spring and thought I could just recharge it.  I live in an apartment. I should have just sold the T@B  My health has not allowed me to travel this year and everything is such a struggle.  I will see if someone can help me pull it and if they will store it for me.  I will then need to purchase a charger
    2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    Sorry TTTab.  All batteries need to be kept charged to prolong their life and wet cell batteries need to be maintained with distilled water, too. 
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio