Options

Vent cover

I am ready to order a cover for our Fantastic Fan.
Verna and Mike, I assume your Aero Flo was an easy install for your Ss?
Some of you have the 'other' higher profile.  
Sales and free shipping are happening.  
Please share your style and what convinced you to buy that particular model.  Smoke is my preferred color, however, for the savings, black would work.
Thank you.

Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited December 2014
    Judy, yes, Aero Flow was easy. It would take less time to have two people and two
    ladders, but I was able to install mine alone.  I bought mine because it looks sleek and it just looks like it belongs there. I did have a Camping World one that was not quite so aerodynamic, and even though it was $10 less, I just could not bare to install it.  I laid it on the roof for a few days and I just never got used to it. The Aero Flow looks like it belongs.  Mine is called smoke (looks black to me), and does let in minimal light. I would actually prefer one that allows more light to come in, but I'm very happy with the look. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Thanks, Verna.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    Verna, what extras did you buy with this cover?

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Nothing, Judy. All screws, bolts, nuts, washers were included. Just take your time measuring and making sure the vent is where you want it, drill your marked holes into the lip of the Fantastic Fan, assemble per instructions, and enjoy the breezes, in all kinds of weather.  Tools needed (as I recall): drill and appropriate sized bit, screwdriver, pencil, maybe a wrench or ratchet & socket wrench, a ladder or two (one for each side helps).  Trust me, it took a couple of weeks for me to get around to it, but by the time I finished, I realized how simple it was. The 2nd one I helped with was even easier, with my prior experience.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks, Verna.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Judy, I went with the cover made by Fantastic Fan, the Ultrabreeze. It is higher profile, but that means I can open the vent cover significantly more, thus getting more airflow.

This video shows the difference:

http://youtu.be/p1fhkbl_1yQ

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Thanks, Jenn.  BTW, are you the one who posted the pic of how your dealer had your T@B electric cable attached?  If so, I can't find it in the search feature.  Thank you.

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi Judymac,
    I think I am the one with the pic of electric cable set up, If you mean the deadman's electric brake set up that is. My dealer suggested this set up for me. 
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Thanks Radren

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Interesting setup.  I am not sure I like how that brake cable is getting tight under the ball like that. I would worry that it gets too tight in a sharp turn and pulls the pin, or that it rubs too much and snaps.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I looked at all the covers prior to purchasing mine.  I settled on the Aeroflo cover for it's sleek design and also after talking to others who had purchased it.  I have not had any issues with the flow rate of the Fantastic fan and it opens up plenty wide enough to allow for ample air flow either in or out of my trailer.  I had one of the larger, boxier vent covers but I didn't like the looks of it and recycled it.  You probably also have AC in your trailer and that makes a difference too in how and when you will use the Fantastic vent fan....  I installed the Aeroflo alone, but as Verna noted you might get an additional hand to help you out or at least in positioning it atop your trailer.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ