Options

Water pump

Wimped out and took my T@B to the dealer for winterization last Thursday. Just when I was about to leave I asked if they would fix the weather stripping as part was falling off. Finally was able to pick the trailer up yesterday. I was having personal parking issues so I waited today to move the trailer for the winter. A little time out is good. When moving the trailer around I was hearing a low humming sound.  The water pump was left on from last Thursday. Does anyone know if this hurt the pump?  

Comments

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    I left the water pump running dry accidentally for maybe an hour.  It worked fine after.

You probably only "hurt" it like driving your vehicle hurts it.  They caused some wear by running the pump, but it likely will be happy to serve you for quite some time still.  
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,523
    OutbackIdaho, I take it they only blew out your lines and left a faucet open and the pump switch on?  Check your battery unplugged from AC.  Hopefully your TaB was plugged in during most of that time.  If left on battery with the pump running continuously, I would think it would be pretty depleted.  While it may be encouraging that the motor sounded like the pump was operable, you may want to disconnect the pump output line and run some water through your pump to confirm operation.  If you find a failed pump in the spring, it may be too late to have your dealer cover the repair.  Better yet, take it back to the dealer and have them check the pump!  Hope this helps.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio