Tents

Does anyone have any information on or has used the Walker tent that is available on the NuCamp website. Just wondering if they are worth the money.

Comments

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Well made, very strong. The one I saw seemed quit bulky when stored and fairly heavy. If I were to spend that much money on one I would convince myself I really liked it. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • scottdickiescottdickie Member Posts: 29
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited October 2017
    Knoxville1915 posted his pic with his Walker.

scottdickie, We visited someone who had the Walker tent set up with their T@B.  We did not like that there is no screening - only vinyl.  Your choice is to drop a panel and let the bugs in or keep it sealed up and sweat.  There is no floor.  They are heavy - 45-55 pounds depending on your T@B model.  It also requires 2 people to set up.  We purchased the Pahaque tent and have been very happy.  It has no-see-em screening, light weight, my husband sets it up himself, a floor, only 6 stakes.  Oh, and half the price in the color you want.  If it gets a little stuffy, run a small fan.  The tent is well  made.  This from someone who lives on their screen porch at home for 5 - 6 months of the year.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • scottdickiescottdickie Member Posts: 29
    That is fantastic info. Thank you so much. I did not realise they did not have  screens or a floor. I will go with plan B, the Pahaque
    Scottdickie - hope you have a 320...PahaQue only makes the Visor for the 400, I think...
    Speaking of tents, I just noticed that the TearDrop Shop has Tab tents on sale for $599.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    We like our Paha Que screen room and as noted it is lightweight, has screens in the sidewalls and the front doors and eliminates the bug issue.  Gives you added living space and privacy too.  It does take a few setups to get it down pat, but is worth the effort.  We used ours a lot in Arizona and loved it and it is a mainstay when we travel.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    Mike, what months did you use the tent in Arizona?  Curious because I read that at times it is too windy in the southwest.  We are planning a March trip to Utah and I wonder how much we will be able to use it.
  • DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    IMHO...March isn’t too bad, and I think a good time for UT...April is the windy month...more so in AZ and NM (our being west of the Continental Divide helps)

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    SAM said:
    Mike, what months did you use the tent in Arizona?  Curious because I read that at times it is too windy in the southwest.  We are planning a March trip to Utah and I wonder how much we will be able to use it.
    I was out there from January through March....  It DID get very windy and when serious or heavy wind warnings were posted we did take our screen rooms down and even re-positioned the T@B units to protect them from heavy side winds, etc.  I will always err on the side of safety and caution to protect my gear.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ