Options

City water

T@B 400. I am having trouble attaching city water hose to the camper without leaking. Anyone else run into this? Or have a recommendation?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Alan, hopefully the leak is outside.  I’m sure you verified the rubber washer is in place on the 400’s water connection. My next suggestion would be to make sure the hose is straight and not cross threaded.  I’ve found these ole fingers can tighten a brass 90* connector and/or the pressure regulator easier than just tightening the hose in place. The brass fittings are just easier to tighten.

And then there’s the ole two Vise Grips or two Channel Locks tightening method. That works best if my hands are cold.

Lastly, be sure you are using a pressure regulator that only allows a max of 50 lbs of water pressure. If you don’t have one, turn your water pressure way down, because 50 lbs is a lot less than you expect.

Good luck
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    @Alan, check to see where the leak is actually coming from. Is it from around the hose fitting or is it coming from the little screen covered opening located just below the hose fitting. That's the fresh water tank overflow. Also check the level of your fresh water tank, is it full?

If in fact the tank is full and the leak is coming from the overflow you might have a faulty check valve which is inside the water pump. If the check valve has failed you might be inadvertently filling the fresh water tank when you are connected to city water, then spilling out through the overflow.

If that is the case, contact Warranty at nüCamp. It's a simple to replace the water pump if you are at all handy with tools and would prefer not to have to take it back to the dealer for a new pump. Hope this helps.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,471
    I have one (of three) hoses that leaks a little at the fitting. Before you implicate the connector on the trailer, try a different hose!
    2015 T@B S