Listing of all fuses and locations in the 2015 T@B S Max?

I thought I saw a listing of fuses types and locations for the T@B Max. I can't find it now.  There are the converter fuses, inline battery fuse, some hidden ones for the alde, one for the fantastic fan and some for the 3 way fridge. Does anyone have a comprehensive list? Thanks for any help in advance.

Tabu - Rita & Phil and Doli who is a 2015 silver frost/blue S Max being towed by a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6l

Comments

• DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    search on "fuse inventory" and you should find Corfu's most excellent resource:
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/163/fuse-inventory/p1

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    I did but it wasn't specific enough for me, I know I have power to the adjacent outlet so it can't be a fuse.  I'm camping in Tuscan at present and don't have all my square screwdriver bits with me so I'll wait until I return home.  But on the bright side, I found that one can charge their IPad on the Jensen control center over the sink.
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Sgtjohn - My 2015-S has two USB ports in one of the DC ports over the sink.
  • mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    Sgtjohn I am assuming that one of the 110 VAC outlets is not working. Since all the outlets except the one for the A/C and the one for the Alde, are all on one circuit, there must be a wiring issue with that one outlet. Chances are it's with the push in wire connection on the outlet itself. One other thought is the GFCI breaker which is located on the outlet located by the converter. It's close to the floor. The outlets for the galley outlet is connected to the GFCI outlet. Try the reset button. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
    Sgtjohn just read your other post and now believe you are referencing the USB charging outlet. Check out the post Bookmark

Converter Circuit Layout / Conserving Battery

It appears that all outlet would be on the same circuit as the Entertainment system so it would seem that it is not a fuse issue. 
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,159
    The entertainment system components are all on the 12V system (fuse) as opposed to the 120V outlet circuit (breakers).

I wonder if the USB charger port in the 2015 model is converted from the 120V system or from the 12V system. It could be either one, though it would be better if it came off the 12V battery system.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    ChanW - If it was coming off the 120 you'd need an inverter I believe and am of the understanding that the T@Bs don't have one. If that's the case, the USBs would have to be coming off the 12v system I'd think.
    edited December 2014
    Pxl, 
    I haven't seen the 2015 USB charger port, but I imagined it as something like this from Leviton:

If that's the case, it would depend on the 120V, which wouldn't really be ideal, if one was boondocking, for example.

Also, it's my understanding that the circuitry in the above type of fixture continually draws power, whether anything is plugged in or not.

On the same note, the little cigarette-plug type of USB charger that we use in our Tab draws around 125mA when not being used, so I suspect that any USB charger port will draw a "phantom current" because of the circuitry that converts it to 5V.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    ChanW, I read your post on another forum and was surprised to learn of a glass fuse in the Aldi.
    did you ascertain what caused yours to blow?
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    The USB charging ports on my 2015 T@b S are indeed on a shared 12v circuit with the entertainment center/television/lights. I should have included them in the list posted here: http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/592/converter-circuit-layout-conserving-battery/p1 - with the circuit in question being DC circuit #3.

gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

.judymac said:
    ChanW, I read your post on another forum and was surprised to learn of a glass fuse in the Aldi.
    did you ascertain what caused yours to blow?
    Hi Judy & Mike (I never know which one of you!)

No I never did figure it out, unless it was that I plugged in the shore power with the Alde switched on. Not sure.

It has happened again, however, one other time.

This time, I had the right fuse though!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya

The USB charging ports on my 2015 T@b S are indeed on a shared 12v circuit with the entertainment center/television/lights. I should have included them in the list posted here: http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/592/converter-circuit-layout-conserving-battery/p1 - with the circuit in question being DC circuit #3.

That's good. Having it on a12V circuit makes more sense than what I'd thought was the case....

What kind of a fixture is it? Does it fit into a standard electrical box, like a normal 120V outlet would?

If like to retrofit one into our 2014.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
     Yep, looks like a standard electrical box size. It is in the cabinet behind the entertainment center over the sink. Here's a photo of the 12V outlet w/USB next to the AC outlet over the sink.

gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

Aha, it includes the 12V outlet. Perfect.

Thanks for the photo.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    ChanW have you used your Alde with the hot water portion drained for winter? Alde clearly states that you can run the heat in this mode, however my dealer said not to as it would blow the fuses in the Alde. So far I haven't tried and my T@B is winterized and in storage. I would like to be able to run the heat on gas only for an hour or so, just to try it out and keep the trailer dry. 
    Yes we did use it empty.

I would think Alde would know better than the dealer.

If you can find a description or diagram of the unit, you can see how it shouldn't be a problem using it that way.

If I remember right, there are three parts to the Alde, the inner boiler (the gas burner or electric coils), which is wrapped by a water jacket for the heating system (which always has fluid in it), and then the outer water jacket, which makes the hot water for your taps. Therefore, the inner "boiler" part of the system is always "wet" and the "domestic hot water" part of the system is only heated by the heating system fluid.

Dunno if that makes sense, but I would say your dealer doesn't know what they're talking about.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    mawebb - You certainly can - I've been doing it for the last two months. Have the water system blown out (winterized) until I get consistent warmer nights.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    edited January 2015
    PXLated -are you FT in your T@b? If so, I would love to read a little write up of how you make it all work.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Thanks for the confirmation. Just to be sure I have spare fuses available. I am going to test out my Alde system once I move my T@B to a new storage yard that is paved and dry. Where I have it stored now is gravel and can be be wet and a bit muddy. 
    mawebb - I should have added I suppose that since I have it winterized, I have the Alde hot water valves turned off.
    Jenn - Yep, full timing it, at least I'm giving it a whirl. Semi-Retired, sold off everything or put it in storage. Just roaming around shooting photos - night-painting (realistic form of light-painting) mostly so camping where I'm shooting if possible.
    I'll see what I can do (in a new thread). My routine has been different than what I expected as the weather has been cold and crapy so still haven't de-winterized completely here two months into it.