Options

TheresaA with a T@G question

TheresaATheresaA Member Posts: 5
edited November 2017 in Introductions
I just purchased a 2016 T@G.  I have three issues that i would like addressed before spring: One mine didn't come with a refrigerator.  There are too many to choose from.  Suggestions for the best without going broke would be helpful.  Two, when I camp I will be carrying 2 kayaks, hopefully two bikes and hopefully the spare on side of the propane and battery box.  I drive a 2013 Mazda hatchback, and I haven't had a hitch installed yet.  Is this all doable, or am I asking too much from the rear of my car and the front of my tag?  Three, my tag didn't come with a tv.  I was thinking of adding a small kitchen under the cabinet model, under the left cabinet near the oitlet.  Has anyone done this and do you know of a descent one to buy? I'm so excited that I'm almost ready to tackle winter camping.  Thank you. 

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    edited December 2017
    Welcome @TheresaA,

While some of the folks here may be able to offer suggestions, you may want to also float your questions on the T@G/teardrop forum. Most everyone here has T@Bs, which are heavier and therefore have slightly different towing requirements.

Here's the link. Please note that you may need to apply separately for membership on that board, as they are different forums.

http://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/

Enjoy your new T@G and good luck in your quest for a fridge and TV!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
  • Options
    easttntabeasttntab Member Posts: 48
    Congrats! I'm not able to answer those questions but I know you will live your T@g. I'm a new T@b owner and looked hard at the T@b. Yes! you should winter camp. You can still enjoy the great outdoors!
  • Options
    Thank you Eastntab.  My list for Santa is getting long.
  • Options
    Hi folks, I just bought my first RV and want to have it ready by spring.  I need a few items and I'm looking for suggestions.  
    One, this tag didn't come with a refrigerator, and there are so many to choose from that my head is spinning.  I'm looking for the best without breaking the bank.
    Two, the spare tire is currently sitting on the mattress.  I'm thinking of mounting it on the front frame along the side.  Will this prevent me from getting a hitch mounted bike rack for the back of the car?  I saw one where you install a longer hitch a the bike rack clamps on very close to the car.
    Finally, has anyone hooked up a below the cabinet tv?  If so, what type of antenna would I need?
    Thank you
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,500
    Welcome @TheresaA! On the left side of this page are categories, each of which have many invaluable posts full of the info you are looking for. I know some have put the spare and bike racks on the tongue. There should be pics in some of the posts. Also search HD TV antenna, or omni-directional antenna to get good info. If I were replacing my fridge I'd look into an ARB. Not cheap, but well worth the $$ according to those that have them. Good luck, and we look forward to pics!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Oh, @TheresaA also do your research before installing stuff. It's my understanding that using a hitch extender cuts your tow poundage ability in half, and for many that would create a dangerous condition when driving. If you're winter-bound till spring, you've got lots of time to check stuff out. I spent last winter reading this forum, front to back, searching the internet, and asking a lot of questions. There's a lot of helpful folk here.  :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @TheresaA, if I was smarter, I would have signed up for Amazon Prime when I knew I was getting a T@b...would have saved some $$! Just a thought! Have fun outfitting your new T@g!
  • Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 88

I have a 2017 T@G. The Norcold 12 vt 30 LT refrigerator that came with it is great. The T@G Max model came with the cooler and TV but the basic T@G model did not.

https://tag.nucamprv.com/12-volt-cooler/

The advantage of the Norcold is that you can set it as a freezer for long trips at 0 degrees and the small area can still be at refrigerator temp.

It is expensive to buy separately ($580) and some folks who didn't have one in their T@G originally bought a good ice chest that fits the space and will keep ice 3-4 days. That will handle most weekend camping. Use ice packs instead of ice to avoid water.  

People have made mods to the cabinet to add a shelf under the AC or on the side and can put a coffee maker on it. If you check the Nucamp T@G owners forum or the old Little Guy forum you will find examples and photos.

http://golittleguy.com/forum/#/discussions

As far as the towing questions, your trailer weighs around 1000 lbs. You have to figure the extra weight of the kayaks, bikes etc to see how it all compares to the tow capacity of your car to know if you will have problems.

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 88

This is a good bike rack option. Search for bike in the box at the top of the page on the forums to see others.

https://www.allproadventures.com/product-page/jack-it-bikewing-bicycle-rack

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @TheresaA, while we know about T@G’s, we member’s of this T@B forum (the big brother of the smaller T@G Teardrop) really don’t know enough to answer your questions.  If you could please click on this link http://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussions and register on the T@G forum, there are many members who can answer your questions.  

We’re really not trying to chase you away from this T@B forum, but rather, we want you to get educated answers for your questions on the T@G forum. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thank you everyone.  These suggestions are very helpful.   :)