Options

Water pressure issue

norwoodnorwood Member Posts: 63
At campsite for our 2nd trip in our new to us 2015 Max Q.  We have low water pressure at sink again, same as 1st trip. Works fine at home. Good pressure at camp ground.  New regulator.  When using regulator the pressure is low. Without regulator it blows Alde check valve. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Dennis and Mary Jo
North Carolina
2015 T@b Max Q

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    edited December 2017
    Are you using the pressure regulator at home when hooked into city water?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    try clearing the pump filter and the faucet nozzle
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • Options
    @sam. No regulator used at home. 
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    It's never fun having problems...looking at the upside, too little pressure is a much more pleasant problem than too much. No one (that I know of) has ever blown a line with too little pressure.

Let's repeat what we know:
    1) the pressure is fine at home without the regulator
    2) the pressure is too low with the regulator
    3) the Alde check blows without the regulator

So, we know that there is lot's of pressure without the regulator.
    That points to one possible and easy to test scenario, the regulator is faulty and "over-protecting you. See if you can borrow a regulator from another camper who is not having issues.That should let you get to the bottom of this really quickly. If it works, get a new regulator. If it doesn't then you need to start digging a bit deeper to check kinked lines or other issues that would reduce you line pressure.
    Please clarify one thing, "the regulator is new"... Did you have this same problem previously with a different regulator? If yes, is the new one the same brand, rating etc. as the previous one?
    SAM's question also requires an answer in that how you respond might point the issue to the Alde.

• Options
    So the only problem with pressure is at the sink with the regulator.  I agree with Tabster- check for debris in the faucet aerator.  Without the regulator at home, the pressure must be high enough to overcome a partial obstruction.  Does it make a difference if it is hot or cold?  We had low pressure at our sinks with hot water and found that we needed to keep the faucet set to run at hot to fill the Alde tank, then let it heat fully.  After that the low pressure issue resolved.
  • Options
    @tabiphile.   We just purchased this trailer recently so our regulator is new only because we needed one to go with the trailer!   My thought was that the regulator could possibly be defective and will address that first.

@Sam The flow rate is the same hot or cold.  

Thanks for the feedback 
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    If the regulator is potentially at fault, why no shower flow issues?
  • Options
    @Sam we don’t have a wetbath in our T@b
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    Oh, that’s right, a Max not a Max S.  
  • Options
    Problem solved! I went back through the obvious again today at home..Bought a different regulator still just a trickle with the regulator on, good flow without. The OEM faucet was plastic and did not have a removable filter screen so I planned to replace it today anyway. Well, now everything works like a champ. I guess there was a partial obstruction as was suggested. Thanks to all. Good hot water= happy wife
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    Yeah.  What happened?  Did you just turn on the faucet and it worked like magic?
  • Options
    No, I replaced the faucet assembly. Was gonna do that anyway. Fixed just in time to winterize lol. Good to know it will work in the spring
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q