Options

For New T@bbers: What do I need to get? (T@b supply list)

124»

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    You tend to get too many things at the top - This thread is directed at newbies, whereas the pinned items tend to apply to everyone. There's been other general threads I'd vote up first - Just my opinion mind you.
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    How about a new category for discussions on the right side categories.  New user category.  Could put a note at top that says something about key information for new users.  Users could nominate a thread to get moved to the area (same as Photomom just did)?  
  • Options
    mash2 - That sounds like a great idea - I think only Mike or Verna can do that - Verna, what ya think?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Let's wait until Mike comes back from Alaska and get his input. I think Vanilla might have to do that and I've already got a list of at least two categories where we can't post photos.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    The original list mentioned 30 Amp to 30 Amp connector to connect two 30 Amp electric cords together. I actually have a 30 Amp extension cord that is designed for just that purpose. It won't plug into the trailer, but will plug into the other end of your 30 Amp cord, and then plug into the post. No adapter needed. Actually got it at the very limited RV section at Wal-Mart.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    For those buying used Dutchmen's you need a bungie cord to ensure your jockey wheel doesn't become loose during travel and a sturdy step.

Also for all T@B owners, a tire pressure gauge. Check your air pressure every time you start moving!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Can I check the tire pressure before I start moving?
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    PXLated said:
    Can I check the tire pressure before I start moving?
    I get it... It only took me a minute. B-) PXL, you've been in the Badlands too long.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I really appreciate the list and especially the links. My husband wanted to know how much all the "extras" would cost and I was able to put together a pretty detailed spreadsheet using this. Thanks!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Re: how much extras for a T@B will cost: ignorance is bliss  =)
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    Don't tell him that the reality will be - take any list or figure and double it.
  • Options
    Not if you're married to an MBA. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Well, our being careful all these years has enabled us to retire early and travel. And buy a T@B. :-)
  • Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    I got this string level for < $3.00 at Lowe's. On one end you tie on a wire hook that you attach to the high side handle. Stretch the string between the two handles and measure the distance from the top of the low side handle to the string that you've raised and held level. That's the height of Lynx blocks (aka legos) you'll need to be level. Takes less than 30 secs to do if you have the level and string in your TV door pocket. I sent the idea and set of pictures to the Tri Lynx company and they sent me a free pair of their new Stop 'N Chocks!Those make it even easier as the chock attached to the stack will stop you when you drive onto the leveling stack far enough. Lastly, place the other chock onto the stack and you're done. http://trilynx.com/stop-n-chock/
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    I always check the level of the fridge frame as my final decider. Have found everything varies slightly - across front, across counter - across fridge ... Not by much but they are different.
    Use the chock trick on the leveling blocks also :-)
  • Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    Yeah my fridge is the final check. It's pretty right on with the handles though. I went through trying to use the fridge unleveled when I didn't know better. Wouldn't cool and got very hot on the counter top above it. Shut it all down and read the manual. As the saying goes, "When all else fails, read the manual". Fortunate there was no damage as it works fine now.
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I finally reached the last page in this thread.  What a great bunch of posts and thank you to everyone who shared here, especially jkjenn and PXLated.  I also copied and pasted everything here, pics, links and all into a word document.  (I like to print things out and put all in a binder).  I've given credit in it throughout for comments. 
    We had a down payment on a Tab and yesterday sent in the money to the dealership (100 miles away).   Yeah!!!  They will store it until we pick it up.  Have to set a date for that, as they will put in the extra wiring.  41 years of marriage and this will a big move from all of our tent camping...  I think I am going to click all of the links and add up what all of these extras are going to cost... groan....  Lastly, I'd be happy to share my document with anyone here (if its okay with you folks).
    Terry
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Just finished with a rough cost estimate.  I left out the surge protector and gps locator and came up with a total of $632.  Now this figure is just the costs listed in the links and in no way represents "shopping around" or the fact that some of these items are already owned or deemed not needed initially...  Ouch!!   (grin)
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    @TerryV6 I would love to see a copy of your list. Our T@B arrives in April so I'll start shopping soon!

• Options
    I sent them your way.. Let me know if you get them...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    edited January 2016
    I would love your list :).  Could you email me at norbert1223@msn.com ?   My T@B should be here in about a month. :)
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    lykopis33lykopis33 Member Posts: 19
    I am interested also in the consolidated list.  Lykopis33@yahoo.com please.  Mine should be here by the end of March.  
  • Options
    I'm happy to share.  All of the work and credit though, goes to jkjenn mostly and to PXLated and others.  I took all of this and just put it in a printout form.  BTW, Maybe if you wish a copy, you should message me instead of putting your email address completely out there.  Just a thought...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI