Options

For New T@bbers: What do I need to get? (T@b supply list)

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

PDF, away!

Siri limits you to a pre-set location... Cortana (1,0000x better than Siri, seriously) can remind you for example when you are near any grocery store, drug store, etc... Cortana can also remind you when you are on a call or texting with a specific person.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Well Jenn, Microsoft is so late to the party it better be good. They certainly took enough time studying Google and Apple to make it so;-)
  • Options
    Actually, this has been years in development and Apple bought Sri, thus no significant improvements since her launch. As for Google, I left Android because they way they mine and use information goes beyond creepy. Microsoft had a mobile platform long before either and gave always had a stronger productivity focus.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
  • Options
    TabuTabu Member Posts: 10
    I am thinking of adding the luci led inflatable solar lantern to my kit.
    Tabu - Rita & Phil and Doli who is a 2015 silver frost/blue S Max being towed by a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6l
  • Options
    Rita, I have seem them and they look nice. Might be really nice for the tent room.

• Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    Google "round 48 led camping light". I have used them for years. While they look gimmicky they are great in a tent and under a shade. There are more than one manufacturer and a big but easily overlooked difference is the on/off button. Some protrude while others are recessed. Those that protrund can easily be turned on while transporting using up the batteries.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    I bring along a large pipe wrench to tighten the ball on the hitch but have never had to use it yet.  And if I were buying a new t@B, I'd either use the cargo net in my car trunk or go to EBay and buy one for $7 or so and put some hooks up the length of the net and use it to store "stuff" like clothes, and day time things off the bed so I could sleep without my feet hitting something....
    Got one in mine but haven't taken the T@B out since it was installed.
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Sgtjohn said:
    I bring along a large pipe wrench to tighten the ball on the hitch but have never had to use it yet.  
    Keep in mind that you need two wrenches for that task.  One for the large nut and one to go on the flats of the ball base to keep it from turning. 
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    edited March 2015
    Yes, one does need a back up wrench.  I use Channel Locks.  But the nut on the ball uses a box end wrench that can be bought for around $9 at Harbor Freight or other tool stores.
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    Does anyone have a picture of their cargo net?  Mike didn't think we would want one, but I have several in our vehicles that we don't utilize.  Good idea.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Judy -- I bought an Obie cargo net from Camping World and I love it.  It goes under the back cabinets and I installed it myself with a drill and some patience.  I like it a lot and I'm planning on adding a smaller one underneath the air conditioner.  (Use safety glasses when drilling overhead.)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    I have been wondering how to use a cargo new and how to install. Thanks for the visual, really helps.

The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    Just began our maiden voyage with T@B. Living outside, sleeping inside. When tenting I hauled water for coffee, dish washing etc. When in trailer area all water faucets may be in use. I will pickup a Y splitter for my water hookup and attach a short hose to use instead of hauling water.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    I like that, Beth.  We aren't comfortable yet drilling into our new T@B. I wonder if heavy duty command hooks would work?  I planned to put one order the air conditioner.  Thank you.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Judy -- I attempted to install a small cargo net up under the air conditioner last weekend using Command hooks, but they weren't strong enough.  When I stretched the net even just a little, they gave way.  So I ended up applying a little Super Glue to backside of the hooks and that did the trick.  I only intend to store lightweight items, i.e., DVDs, CDs in that net.  The other one under the back shelves is installed with screws, and I can even put canned goods in it.  
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    LehfeldtLehfeldt Member Posts: 20
    Thank you so much for the list. I just put in a down payment for a new T@B and this will come in handy. Time to peruse Amazon.com!

Human: Christopher Lehfeldt T@B: 2016 Max Q named "atT@Boy" TV: 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E HQ: Rochester, NY
  • Options
    Congrats Lehfeldt
    One warning, don't go nuts util you actually get the T@B and spend some time in it - can't tell you how much stuff I bought and then gave away as it either did't work as well as I thought or didn't fit into my routine I established.
  • Options
    Congrats!

• Options
    Bump for the new folks

• Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    This was a great list - helped immensely when we started in May and didn't overwhelm
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Thanks! I was looking for this but couldn't find it!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    VagabondsVagabonds Member Posts: 35
    Thanks jkjenn!  This is most helpful!

Questions for the experienced:
    • I have seen that some use the BAL leveler and love it and other not so much, what does it do that is different from regular leveling blocks/make it easier for some?
    • And, what does the Jack-e-up do? 
    Yes, newbie is an understatement.... =)
    Pam (and the husband..+2 golden retrievers)--2016 T@b M@x CS-S Sofitel (towed by a 2015 Jeep WrglrUnlim Rubicon)
  • Options
    With a BAL you just crank up one wheel (one side). So it's quick and easy if you have a fairly good spot and basic leveling need.
    BUT, right now I'm on a beautiful lake in the woods (Forest Service campground), the sites are slopped toward the lake fairly steeply and are not level side to side. I'd need two BALs as I need to raise the whole T@B or I wouldn't be able to lower the jack enough to level front to back. Blocks give me the most flexibility.

The Jack-E-Up allows you to remove the Jack so if you have a tailgate that swings or a tailgate that drops, there's no jack to get in the way.
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    As Pxlated implied, if you only want 1 leveling device, I'd opt for the blocks (I haven't run into a site that I couldn't stack up enough to get level.)  If you only plan on using very developed sites, the BAL would work is can be easier to use and doesn't require as much movement to get the T@B level on a decent site.  
  • Options
    The other thing is if you stay hooked up (I do this a lot when I'm just staying overnight), you may need two BALs to raise the T@B or blocks to raise the TV anyway as the BALs won't fit/lift the TV
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone!  Looks like we will be opting for the blocks. I think for now they will serve our purposes best and might be easier to store.

As for the jack-e-up, we will be towing with a jeep which has a swing out tailgate so not sure if that will be a good idea?  

Sounds like we might need it, especially for unloading/loading dogs.
    Pam (and the husband..+2 golden retrievers)--2016 T@b M@x CS-S Sofitel (towed by a 2015 Jeep WrglrUnlim Rubicon)
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Both Jenn and I have Jeep Wranglers and have the Jack-E-Ups. When hooked up with the standard jack, you can only get the back gate open a little ways and can't get the window raised hardly at all. With the Jack-E-Up, you can. Now, one complication is if you move the spare tire to the tongue, it's going to get in the way. If you mount the spare on the side of the frame rather than behind the jack, you can turn sharp right to get it out of the way and get in the back while hooked up.
    That said, if you never need to get into the back tailgate while hooked up, then it's a moot point.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Is it possible to get this thread pinned to the top?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Thanks PXLated!  
    I can see that we are going to need the Jack-E-Up, as we will need to access the back of the Jeep at some point during transit. I could see this being a major point of frustration if not added.