Options

Replacing a Water Pump

What are your thoughts about replacing the water pump on a 2016 T@B Outback? Mine didn't work when I tried to use it. Of course, this happened during a freeze, and I didn't have any water. Doesn't it always happen that way? I searched the boards and per many people's suggestions, I contacted NuCamp. They sent me a new pump (and 2 new cabinets since the fittings keep popping out). I love NuCamp! 
So, should I take this to the local dealer to replace the pump, or is this something that is easy to do? I am not very mechanical and neither is my husband. 

--Meg 
Mostly A Solo RV Chick 
T@B Outback
Jeep Grand Cherokee 

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    If you can remove and replace a few screws, and cut and splice a couple wires, you should be able to swap the pump out yourself. The water lines detach and connect just like garden hoses. You may also have to move the screen-filter thingy to the new pump, but I believe that too is screw-off, screw on.

Beyond that, I can't really answer your question. "Not very mechanical" can mean different things to different people...
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HerFineMessHerFineMess Member Posts: 23
    ScottG said:
    If you can remove and replace a few screws, and cut and splice a couple wires, you should be able to swap the pump out yourself. The water lines detach and connect just like garden hoses. You may also have to move the screen-filter thingy to the new pump, but I believe that too is screw-off, screw on.

Beyond that, I can't really answer your question. "Not very mechanical" can mean different things to different people...
    You answered my question. That is too much for me. I don't want to jack up my little beauty. The words splicing wires was enough for me to say, "nah...I will take this to the shop!" 
    Thanks! 

--Meg 
    Mostly A Solo RV Chick 
    T@B Outback
    Jeep Grand Cherokee