Bluetooth Level Indicators?

I'm getting tired of lugging around my BAL leveler.  Works as designed, but is heavy, bulky and dirty. The Anderson and block levelers are lightweight and simple to use IF you have a second person to tell you when to stop moving.  Does anyone know of a Bluetooth-enabled level that can be mounted on the T@B with a reading that can be seen in the tow vehicle via a smartphone? 
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Yes, I have one and love it. I will message you the information.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Thanks Jenn! Just ordered one from that A to Z place.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    ??? Can we have a hint?

One what?

:o 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    Levelmate Pro. $139.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Thanks @Tabaz. Interesting idea!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    Just received it from that instant gratification company. Asked Jenn for advice as to best mounting location.
  • phulishcatphulishcat Member Posts: 89
     Please Post A Link.  It Would Make My Life So Much Better When Arriving In The Middle Of Nowhere At 12 Am
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @phulishcat, don't know if this is the same, but googled levelmate pro and found this one: https://tinyurl.com/y7zk74uy
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Yep. That's the one. Will be mounting mine on the passenger side wall in the cabinet over the stove (out of sight). The current model has an on/off switch to extend battery life. Several YouTube videos for more info.
  • RonRon Member Posts: 137
    Tabaz   Did you get the flahing blue light version??  Seriously, a report on how well it works for you would be appreciated.  Thanks
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    edited February 2018
    I have the LevelPro and love it!  I mounted mine in the driver's side under bench storage...out of site, but I can still easily get to it to turn it on/off.  One thing I did learn while installing it was that I had been leveling using a small level on the counter...the counter is not actually level.  It tilts forward ever so slightly.  :-)
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

Installed the unit last night and downloaded the app.  Getting the T@B level was the "hardest" part of the process.  Agree with Sheila above - my countertop tilts slightly to the passenger side (compared to the floor).  I like that you can drive around looking for a level spot without getting out of your truck and that it "remembers" the height of the trailer hitch after disengaging it from your truck.  This seems pretty cool when re-attaching the trailer to the truck - just look at the app to confirm the ball socket will be higher than the ball on your truck.  Looking forward to trying this thing out at a real campsite.
  • DesertDwellerDesertDweller Member Posts: 129
    jkjenn said:
    @jkjenn I read your web article on this device (which I just ordered), but I did not see where you mounted it.  I see others mounting it either in the electrical equipment bench on the driver's side or the passenger side cabinet above the stove.  Has anyone found one place better than the other?  Or, is the T@B so small that it may not really matter?

Thanks,

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite a/k/a "The D@wghouse"
    2012 Jeep Liberty KK a/k/a "Libby"
    jkjenn said:
    @jkjenn I read your web article on this device (which I just ordered), but I did not see where you mounted it.  I see others mounting it either in the electrical equipment bench on the driver's side or the passenger side cabinet above the stove.  Has anyone found one place better than the other?  Or, is the T@B so small that it may not really matter?

Thanks,

I mount it on the forward facing bench door (opposite the fridge) on the passenger side. It makes it easy to toggle on and after driving all day.

I used it a lot on my recent trip. One of the best mods, yet!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2019
    We've been using this Witmotion product at significantly lower cost..
    https://tabforum.nucamprv.com/#/discussion/6328/leveling/p2

As I noted there, we've had some connection issues trying to use it from the TV, due to its older bluetooth version with limited range.
    They have since developed a new model with extended range (version 5 bluetooth) that can also use either iOS or Android.  I don't know if there's an iOS app for it, but there is a free Android one that I've been using with the previous model.  Price is higher than before, but at $45 it's still much cheaper than the other product mentioned above.
    I've got one on order to replace my older model & hope to test it soon..

WitMotion WT901BLECL BLE 5.0 AHRS MPU9250 10-axis Accelerometer, 3-axis Angular Velocity+Acceleration+Angle+Magnet Field (Low-Consumption Ble5.0 Compatible with iOS/Android) for Arduino and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T2C97WN

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • DesertDwellerDesertDweller Member Posts: 129
    @jkjenn, @BrianZ

Thanks for the info.  I ended up mounting the BT device in the small storage cubby under the refrigerator.  The device is out of the way, but I can still reach in from outside to turn it on when I get to a campsite.  Other than setting it level in my driveway, I have not yet tested it in the field.  First scheduled test will be over Veterans' Day weekend.  I also bought the Anderson leveler contraption.  Now if I can just decide between an awning and a visor, I will be set!

Thanks again.  
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite a/k/a "The D@wghouse"
    2012 Jeep Liberty KK a/k/a "Libby"
    @jkjenn, @BrianZ

Thanks for the info.  I ended up mounting the BT device in the small storage cubby under the refrigerator.  The device is out of the way, but I can still reach in from outside to turn it on when I get to a campsite.  Other than setting it level in my driveway, I have not yet tested it in the field.  First scheduled test will be over Veterans' Day weekend.  I also bought the Anderson leveler contraption.  Now if I can just decide between an awning and a visor, I will be set!

Thanks again.  
    Having used both the BAL and the Anderson, I can easily endorse the Anderson. So easy to use, takes up much less space.

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited November 2019
    I tested the new Wit-Motion WT901BLECL BLE 5.0 level sensor with Bluetooth 5, using Witmotion's Android app, but was disappointed.  It seemed to have less of a range than Wit-motion's older device we've been using, and it would not work with the free "Remote Level" for trailers that we've been using from the Play Store.

So, I am returning it, & will continue using what we have (WitMotion BWT61CL Bluetooth MPU6050 Gyro+Accelerometer), which works well enough.  This past week I used the older device from my phone inside the car to find front-back level while backing up onto Anderson levelers, so we could avoid unhitching for a one-night stay with rain in the forecast.  The device is mounted on the underside of the kitchen cabinets above the counter. 
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods