Options

Storing the T@B - sticking your tongue out

We managed to get our T@B and 2 cars to fit in our 2-car garage.  The only problem is the T@B tongue sticks out the side access door of our garage. 
I did talk to a hitch dealer about getting a hinged tongue, similar to what some boat trailers have.  "Not feasible" is the short answer.  The "A-Frame" tongue, the light gauge of metal, etc. all work against that type of solution.  (It could be possible, but it would pretty much require putting a new, heavy-duty frame under the whole trailer.  Not pretty or cheap!)
I did want to see if anyone has tried it with a T@B, just to be sure.
The current plan is to have a support under the body, near the tongue.  That part would stay in the garage.  I could then remove the hitch jack, or get a removable one.  Then I'll just need to modify the side door to have a "bump-out" to enclose the entire tongue and hitch.  Said differently, a regular door with a giant wart on it.

Has anyone else done a fun storage project like this?  Right now I just have a foam panel over the door opening with wood at the bottom to keep critters out.  It's ugly, but it is nice not to scrape my car windows this winter.....
T@B: 2018 320-CS Max
TV: 2017 Toyota Highlander

Comments