Options

2008 T@b: To Buy or Not to Buy

Considering buying a 2008 loaded T@b in very good condition but I have a concern about the availability of finding parts for it. Can anybody offer me any guidance on this issue. Thanks for your time and efforts.

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    RV parts are generally universal and interchangeable.  Brakes and bearings are unique to other 2004 - 2009 T@Bs and available from a few US suppliers.  NuCamp stocks many parts for the earlier T@Bs
    Parts will not be a problem.

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @imacfrog, the t@b you are looking at was manufactured by Dutchman, not by the current producer, NuCamp. However I seem to recall something about NuCamp acquiring inventory from Dutchman when the rights were purchased. Please contact Elsie @NuCamp as she would know if certain replacement parts are available, and if not, may have a list of sources from the previous manufacturer. Check the categories column to the left of your screen for contact numbers. Good luck on your parts quest, and much success in the venture of t@b ownership. Welcome to the forum.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    GavinGavin Member Posts: 5
    I recently purchased a 2008 and had no problem. NU Camp had anything I needed. You'll love the simplicity of the Dutchman! Go for it!
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Also, keep in mind that the Tab Yahoo group tends to have many more pre-LittleGuy Tab owners in the discussions, so you might ask over there. They are at:
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/tabtrailers/conversations/messages
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    2018 will be my 9th season with my Dutchmen T@B, and I love her more every day.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    We had a 2004 and loved it (since sold). Just be sure to check the floor to ensure that it's solid. The DM T@Bs had an unfortunate history of the floor becoming spongy, most likely due to water intrusion. It is fixable --quite a few different methods have been used-- but is rather involved. OTOH, we really loved its simplicity, and it is quite a bit lighter than newer models, so easier to tow; I used a 2005 VW TDI wagon.
  • Options
    BigBlueBigBlue Member Posts: 14
    We have a 2007 T@B and couldn't be happier - we love the simplicity and functional space (ours has a lot of countertop space).
  • Options
    CatspawCatspaw Member Posts: 7
    New guy here.
    I was looking at some T@B with a couple of used ones on the lot, a 2009, Dutchman manufacture, U model. 
    I've been researching, and have some questions that I didn't know to ask before I started researching.

Does this model have the Kerbal channels for awnings and such? 

Is a 3 way fridge standard? I didn't think to ask, just assumed it was. 

The dealer claimed the 320U model was no longer being made. True or not? 

The U model looked to be exactly what we want, nothing fancy. 

He was asking 10,900 for it which seems a little bit high for me, after looking at whats out there. But it is "dealer price". 

Thanks!

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Addendum, it's advertised as a 2008 model year, not 2009. He was remembering off the top of his head. The plate says June 2007. 

• Options
    imacfrogimacfrog Member Posts: 6
    So we bought the 2008 and could not be more excited to take it on an adventure. Thanks for all your feedback.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Congratulations @imacfrog! And we can't wait for the photos!

Do you have any answers for @Catspaw? Like the 3way fridge or awning channels? Do you even have it home yet?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    edited February 2018
    Our 2004 (might have been a 2005 "model year") had the three-way Nor-Cold. I do believe that was standard.

That price does sound high; I asked $6000 for ours (sold for $5500, IIRC), which I believe was about par, maybe a tad lower than I could have gotten for it. Ours also had the Cool Cat heat pump, a propane furnace, and a small microwave. Ours was not equipped wit the Keeder (sp?) rails, but apparently some were.

.... If you get the impression I still miss it...you're right!  imacfrog, congratulations! Yer gonna love it!

• Options
    I found an option for large pictures on the dealer site. It has a norcold 3 way fridge, and a cool cat heat pump. 
    We're gonna go over sometime today for a peek in the window inspection. 
    Now that I've done some research, I have a better idea of what to look for.