Options

Leather Upholstery

I'm finding that the cloth in my Outback model is not durable enough for my dog and I's lifestyle.  Has anyone recovered their upholstery with leather? Or are there other ideas to keep the interior seating/bed looking nice?
I have no sewing skills, so I'm sure that limits my options. 
Thanks for any ideas, advice, or experiences other have about this.
Josh Orth.
Certified RV Technician
jomrvt.com
2021 T@B 320 CS-S

Comments

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @blackoaktree We have had the Sofitel faux leather cushions that seem to be holding up well have a year of use. No, pets though. I can't speak to that.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    blackoaktreeblackoaktree Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2018
    Nice! I live in Colorado so I’ll probably just go through the dealer to do this. The ultra leather seems to be the way to go. My dog and I are a little bigger than your pup but no where near as cute. My dog has a habit of finding the stinkiest mud holes to roll in just before going in the trailer.

Josh Orth.
    Certified RV Technician
    jomrvt.com
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Rocky gets filthy and muddy when we hike in Colorado. He loves it. This is how I discovered how easy it is to clean Ultraleather, lol. Here he is at Monument Valley, with all of their red dirt. He realized if he rolled in the dirt, it cooled him off.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @jkjenn , Now, that's a smile that's really hard to kick of the bed, huh? ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @jkjenn Rocky looks like a little punk rocker :)
    @blackoaktree is your pup at least part Bernese Mt. dog? Handsome!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @Twojgrams, Looks Lab & part snow dog in that shot! :rofl:
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz Yep, whatever the breed, he looks perfectly content in the cold!

• Options
    GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123
    jkjenn said:
    I sent the Ultraleather to the factory and their vendor did the work for me. It's very easy to clean with a damp cloth and extremely comfortable.
    Would you mind sharing what the cost was for that? Not sure, but it looks like Rocky owns those seats!

Gail & John 

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    I sent the Ultraleather to the factory and their vendor did the work for me. It's very easy to clean with a damp cloth and extremely comfortable.
    Would you mind sharing what the cost was for that? Not sure, but it looks like Rocky owns those seats!
    I wouldn't mind, but it is probably not relevant. I actually replaced the cushions with the newer, more comfortable cushions. But, even with that, it was what I considered very reasonable at $550.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    I have the ultra leather and we have used the unit well over 200 days since new with no signs of wear
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    I have the ultra leather and we have used the unit well over 200 days since new with no signs of wear
    Same here, but travel with no pet.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    edited February 2018
    We just had our living room love seat reupholstered (“Nip & Tuck”, just east of Durango) with something similar to Jenn’s.  Next we’re having the T@B seat/sleeping cushions re-done (with firmer foam :-)) with Sunbrella...the material’s in, work should be done by the end of the month. 

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    We just had our living room love seat reupholstered (“Nip & Tuck”, just east of Durango) with something similar to Jenn’s.  Next we’re having the T@B seat/sleeping cushions re-done (with firmer foam :-)) with Sunbrella...the material’s in, work should be done by the end of the month. 

Oh, I love it!

• Options
    That is good looking!

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @blackoaktree, that looks awesome!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    blackoaktreeblackoaktree Member Posts: 23
    Thanks! Thinking I might do vinyl hardwood flooring to match.
    Josh Orth.
    Certified RV Technician
    jomrvt.com
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S
  • Options
    @blackoaktree, Sounds like it will look great. One word of caution, however...be mindful of those lower vents by the floor for the Alde & how much will be restricted by adding the new flooring. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    ericnliz said:
    @blackoaktree, Sounds like it will look great. One word of caution, however...be mindful of those lower vents by the floor for the Alde & how much will be restricted by adding the new flooring. ;)
    I don't think vinyl hardwood flooring would be an issue. Probably raise about a 1/4" ? My problem would be getting the wood lines straight!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    I ended up getting Marine grade vinyl. Turned out awesome. I think this will withstand the wear and tear of a boy and his dog... and many back country adventures.
    I know this is an old post but I'm considering Leather or vinyl. How did it hold up?
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Marine vinyl is an excellent choice for the cushion upholstery. Wipes free of doggie foot prints, desert dust and spills. Joann Fabric (if available in your area) had a good selection. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”