Poor radio reception.

brookingsbrookings Member Posts: 39
I bought a 3' antena with different fittings to fit my Tab. Unscrewed old one and screwed new one in. That was the problem. $12

Comments

• SteveKSteveK Member Posts: 17
    Do you have a link or a model number for what you used?
    2018 TAB 320 S and 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T
  • brookingsbrookings Member Posts: 39
    No, but just go in any auto parts store and they have a selection of antennas. Get the one with different fittings to fit the Tab. The original one is okay if your parked in the radio stations parking lot.
  • gbellgbell Member Posts: 87
    Did you say 3 feet? Where do you store the antenna, down the wall? Do you have any pictures?
  • RonRon Member Posts: 137
    What actually unscrews?  My short black one looks like it the top should separate but it to tight to turn.  Mine is 2016.
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    After not being able to get any radio station at all on one trip a couple months ago, we replaced the short antenna with a 15" one from an auto parts store, which had enough adapter parts to fit the socket, so now it at least extends above the roof.  Reception seems to be better, but time will tell.  In the mean time, we're not throwing out the old one, because we needed it to fit under the cover & plug the hole, since the new one wouldn't fit well under the cover.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    All radio and TV reception is a function of the height of the antenna, so @BrianZ has the right idea. Many people here have come up with some innovative ideas to get great reception for local channels. It's not just for entertainment purposes, but I like to watch the local weather on TV even though I have a weather radio. I'm a visual sorta person. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)